Thursday, April 16, 2009

Jolt Passion Fruit

The 80's brought the world many great things; Rambo, the N.E.S., and Mattel Football, were among the most prestige, but one thing brought around in the 80's that is still available today is Jolt Cola. Jolt Cola gained popularity all through out the 80's and 90's with its high caffeine level and great advertisements. But when they revamped the Jolt line by adding more flavours, and battery bottles, that's when I really began to take notice. Though I'm a huge fan of Jolt and have tried nearly all of the Jolt drink varieties, I have never reviewed any other than the original Jolt Cola. But when I was at a local bakery, I spotted one of the only Jolt's that I've never tried, Passion Fruit. I've been looking for Passion Fruit for a while, so finally finding it was really exciting. But, was it worth looking for?

FIRST IMPRESSION: While I like the resealable bottles and the large size, I can't say I'm terribly impressed by the can itself. The lightning on the can is too weak, and should be larger if Jolt wants it to work. While I do like the yellow colour, I don't think it goes well with the can design. Either way the can's at least gonna get your attention and is convenient with the reclosable can.

TASTE: I opened the can and took a sip. I'm surprised, it is not as sweet as the scent, which resembles sweet tarts. It starts out with a light passion fruit flavour, with some mild carbonation and the right amount of tartness. Jolt Passion Fruit goes down smooth and doesn't leave any after taste. Overall, the taste is really good, though someone in the look for a strong flavour should be advised that this is not the drink for them.

KICK: Each can contains: 360 calories, fifty eight grams sugar, three grams of protein, HFCS, taurine, citric acid, caffeine, B Vitamins, ginseng, and guarana. This blend of ingredients gave me a really impressive buzz, not that it came as a surprise. For around five hours I was on a caffeine rush, accompanied by jitters and a metal lift. But, once the five hours were up, I had a sever crash that was filled with a headache, sleepiness and a rude attitude. But the horrible crash was worth the brisk round of insomnia.

FINAL WORD: The Jolt brand has come along way since its debut in the mid-80's, by adding new flavours and cans, but I'd never expect a flavour like passion fruit to be so good. Jolt Passion Fruit is an all over impressive product that is sadly stuck in a rather boring can. Both the taste and kick were impressive, though I know people will complain about the light flavour. Overall, Jolt Passion Fruit is a really good energy drinks that's sure worth $2.50...4.4/5

official site

1 comment:

DICKBUTT said...

After drinking this i had enough energy to protect our nation from foreign threats and have all the gay sex the UNITED STATES NAVY could throw at me :-).

love your site as well as big lots. I may have gotten brain damage from all the fucked up drinks i have had from there.

All logos and trademarks in this site are property of their respective owner. I do not take responsibility for any contents linked or referred to on my guest book/weblog. Photos are either mine or owned by their credited sources. All my photos are free to use without permission. If you see a picture that is yours and do not want it here, just email me and it will be removed.