Friday, August 15, 2008

Monster Energy Assault

I haven't treated myself to expensive energy drink in awhile(LIAR), and I was walking to a little convenience store called the Lunch Box, so I picked up Monster Assault. I've never had this drink myself(the occasional sips of another persons drink, but never exclusively mine). I've had some of Monsters other entries in the energy drink market, but never Assault. So lets see how it stands up...

FIRST IMPRESSION: The can is pretty cool if I must say, the cameo pattern works well and the blood red "M" works well together. Though the word "assault" leaves many questions unanswered(like the flavor...), but none the less is its an impressive can with a bad ass name and image...4/5

TASTE: When I popped the top off and looked down at what I spent $2.50 on, I see a dark orange color, with a hint of red. When I took a sip I was kinda surprised, I was expecting a cherry flavor(the can reminds me of something that would be cherry flavored), but instead I'm hit with a kinda flat orange with Red Bull taste, with some gumminess. Its down-able, but not all that too good. Its pretty good at first, your like "I'm glad I picked this drink", but then, when the carbonation goes away(which happens quickly) and the sugars really show, your like "WHY AM I DRINKING THIS?". So, I'll let it pass, but if your gonna drink it, do it quickly, or else you will regret it...2.9/5

KICK: Though it lacks in flavor(like most Monster energy drinks), it sure does make up in kick(at first). With carbonated water, sucrose, glucose, citric acid, natural flavors, taurine, sodium citrate, color added, panax ginseng root extract, l-carnitine, caffeine, ascorbic acid, sorbic acid, benzoic acid, niacinamide, sodium chloride, glucuronolactone, inositol, guarana seed extract, pyridoxine hydrochloride, sucralose, cyanocobalmin working together, I felt like I could take on the world(but I couldn't get the front door open...). Your high flying, but then, about a hour later, it goes away, quickly. Not something that usually happens to me... 2/5

FINAL WORD: Personally, I am truly disappointed in this drinks performance. It had great potential, but ultimately fell flat on its face(or logo). The can is really the only thing this drink has going for it. This is far from being the worst energy drink I've ever had, but far from being the best... 3/5

Picture Source

official site

No comments:

All logos and trademarks in this site are property of their respective owner. I do not take responsibility for any contents linked or referred to on my guest book/weblog. Photos are either mine or owned by their credited sources. All my photos are free to use without permission. If you see a picture that is yours and do not want it here, just email me and it will be removed.