Saturday, September 27, 2008

No Fear, Mother's Here


I went to Shaws superstore to pick up some Dr Pepper two-litters, when I happened to see that all Sobe and AMP energy drinks were 2 for $3. The vague can only differentiates from the original No Fear by having 300% of Vit. C, B6, and B12.

FIRST IMPRESSION: The can however, kicks butt. Its got a skull with wings on black with a green trim. If only the skull had blood coming out from its eyes. The use of "super energy" and "mother load" really gives it this bad mommas boy feeling. And I do hate my mother...3/5

TASTE: Many people say this has a grape taste, and some say it has a grapefruit taste, but really it is a mix of granny smith apples with notes of grapefruit. Its pretty gummie and really sour. Its in the middle of being strong or weak in flavor, and then its gone with few seconds with little aftertaste...4.2/5

KICK: Well, this baby's got 182 mg of caffeine, 2000 mg of Taurine, Inositol, Ginseng, Guarana, Grape seed extract, L-Carnitine, L-Arginine, and 300% of vitamins B6, B12, and C. Throw in 260 calories, 66 grams of sugar, and 68 grams of carbs per 8oz. in a can, just for me. But it still didn't provide too to much of a kick. It was right on par with Boo Koo Wild Berry. Though I wish they would have put more caffeine or taurine instead of more vitamins because your body will get rid of the vitamins it doesn't use..4.5/5

FINAL WORD: Though the gimmick of a high volume of vitamins suckered me in, it still provided a good taste accompanied by a great buzz(which is rather rare now a days). It has an awesome can that helps it get some recognition, but what I want to know is if this still made by Sobe? Well, to answer this question, I red the back of the can and found that it was made by Pepsi, which owns SoBe. But why would they not put a big brand name on the cover, that just seems silly... 4/5

official site

No comments:

All logos and trademarks in this site are property of their respective owner. I do not take responsibility for any contents linked or referred to on my guest book/weblog. Photos are either mine or owned by their credited sources. All my photos are free to use without permission. If you see a picture that is yours and do not want it here, just email me and it will be removed.