Saturday, January 31, 2009

Max Velocity Uncaged Re-Review

Way back on September 23, 2007, I reviewed Max Velocity Uncaged, and I was severely disappointed, but I was shopping at Shaws yesterday, and they were having a sale on various energy drinks. RockStar and Full Throttle were two(2) for $3, Monster and SoBe products were two(2) for $3.33, and their own energy drink, Max Velocity, was only $1, so I picked up a RockStar Punched and a Max Velocity Uncaged. Personally, I feel that I didn't give Uncaged a fair review, so that's why I'm gonna re-review it. Another reason I'm re-reviewing Uncaged is because I wasn't in the mood to review a Starbucks or a GURU today. I really felt like reviewing a shitty, acid filled energy drink that is gonna help lead me to a premature death...

FIRST IMPRESSION: Well, I guess its safe to say that Shaws doesn't have the best can designers in the world. The can is very, ugly. While I do like the name Max Velocity Uncaged, the can just doesn't do it justice. The cut marks across the can I guess is supposed to show how its "uncaged", but they simply isn't enough of them to really get their point across. I also don't like the Cheetah on the front, it looks very cut and paste. I mean, if they were gonna have a Cheetah on the front, shouldn't it be called "Cheetah Energy"? Overall, the can is unimpressive and ungly...1.9/5

TASTE: The scent of Max Velocity Uncaged is a mix of several fruits, namely lime, and lemon. The flavour is best described as a mix of ginger ale, lime and lemon. Uncaged is not very sweet, which works well with the flavour. There's no bitter, tart, or gummy taste in Uncaged. Overall, I really like the taste. The mix of other flavours with ginger ale is almost genius. But I only find one(1) problem, after about half(1/2) of the can is drank, an artificial sweetener taste starts to evolve. While this never ruined the drink, its still gonna knock the final taste score down a notch...3.9/5

KICK: Each can of Max Velocity Uncaged contains: 180% of your daily intake of B3, 160% of your daily intake need of B12, 480% of your daily intake need of B6, and 90% of your daily intake of B5 for vitamins. As for kidney destroying chemicals, taurine, and caffeine. This blend of ingredients gave me an above mediocre buzz. I received a decent three(3) hour buzz, accompanied by some minor twitches and jitters, but nothing I don't take pills for. Overall, I rather unimpressive buzz, but its not like I was expecting something better...3.9/5


FINAL WARD: Overall, I feel that Max Velocity Uncaged was a decent attempt at being unique. While I really liked the flavour, the artificial sweetener taste knocked down the taste score, the can really sucked, and the kick was above mediocre. I do, however, like the fact that even store brands are making attempts outside the typical energy drink taste...3.3/5

No comments:

All logos and trademarks in this site are property of their respective owner. I do not take responsibility for any contents linked or referred to on my guest book/weblog. Photos are either mine or owned by their credited sources. All my photos are free to use without permission. If you see a picture that is yours and do not want it here, just email me and it will be removed.