Monday, February 16, 2009

vitaminenergy fruit punch

A while back, I reviewed vitaminenergy tropical citrus, and gave it one(1) of the lowest scores I've ever given an energy drink, a one.eight(1.8) out of five(5), and because of this, vitaminenergys stock drop dramatically because of my low score, and with that on my conciseness, I couldn't enjoy the things I once could, like watching marathons of Steven Segal movies, punch babies, lick door knobs on other planets and running. So, to finally get this major thing off my conciseness, I bought both the fruit punch and dragonfruit variety to give the vitaminenergy the justice they "might" deserve. So in honor of them, I now present you, energy guru and drink...

FIRST IMPRESSION: The can is very similar to the other Glaceau products, like their vitaminwater products, but that doesn't mean I really like it, I don't. Another thing I don't like the purple top of the can, it doesn't match what I think of when I think fruit punch, which is red. And of other note, the design isn't really printed on the metal, its just slapped on label. This really isn't too attractive, but I guess it saves money, which I guess helped them avoid bankruptcy after I wrote the bad review...2/5

TASTE: When I opened the can and took a sniff, and was immediately hit with flash backs of Boo Koo Punch's smell. I took a sip and was hit with a faint punch flavour in a seltzer like water. Its not sweet at all, which is weird spin to the classic punch flavour. Its hard to distinguish an individual flavours from this. Overall, a decent tasting drink, though it could have had more flavour, and less seltzer taste, its still not an offensive flavour...3/5

KICK: Each can contains: 150 mg of caffeine, 2000 mg of Taurine, 200 mg of Bioenergy Ribose, 200% of Vit. C, B3, B6, B12, B5, and Folic Acid. This mix gave me a decent buzz, but nothing I haven't seen a dozen times. I didn't feel all jittery, instead a little more alert, a perfect example of a healthy buzz. For a comparison, the kick was similar to Inked Chikara, not powerful, but you DO feel alert...3/5

FINEL WORD: All and all, I feel that vitaminenergy fruit punch is a huge improvement over tropical citrus. Though, I do wish that the flavour was a little stronger, and that kick was more powerful, but because I wasn't expecting anything, its still a decent drink trapped in a horrible can. I'm gonna try to review dragonfruit, and do a re-review of tropical citrus, that way glaceau's lawyers will STOP BANGING AT MY FRONT DOOR, and leave me and my energy drink addiction alone...3/5

official site

No comments:

All logos and trademarks in this site are property of their respective owner. I do not take responsibility for any contents linked or referred to on my guest book/weblog. Photos are either mine or owned by their credited sources. All my photos are free to use without permission. If you see a picture that is yours and do not want it here, just email me and it will be removed.