Monday, March 9, 2009

Stoked After Burn

My most recent trip to Big Lots gave me lots of energy drinks that I have never seen before, and one of those drinks is the Stoked Energy line. Big Lots seemed to have the whole line, except there low sugar variety, which I can imagine, wouldn't be as good as I hope the rest of the line is. Stoked Energy is a Canadian drink, and made by Leading Brands. I haven't had a drink from Leading Brands, nor have I ever had a Canadian drink, so this could turn out to be the experience of a life time, or, more commonly, a one way trip to Hell...

FIRST IMPRESSION:
The can's one of the best can's since Throwdown Rampage Sugar Free. Its not too often you see a dragon swiftly moving around in a "5" like pattern, over flames on a red can. I'm guessing, because of the red colour, that its gonna be a full fledged(this) cherry flavour, and maybe some pomegranate thrown in to the mix. Overall, the can's wildly impressive, but, will the flavour live up to my expectations...4.8/5

TASTE: I opened the can and was hit by a faint strawberry smell. I took a sip. The flavour is best described as raspberry, with some pineapple, lime, with some mild apple and lemon with atangerine sting. Its a rather light flavour, not too sweet, but just sweet enough. There's a strange sensation that goes on after you drink it. Its sort of raspy, with some mild numbness. Overall, this is one of the best tasting energy drinks I've ever had, being right up there with Boo Koo Punch and Ole'...4.9/5

KICK: Each can contains: 160mg of caffeine, 2000mg of Taurine, 400mg of Ginseng, 100mg of inositol, 10mg of Guarana, 500% of Vit. B6, 160% of Vit. B12, and 180% of Riboflavin. This blend, along with natural sugars, as it contains no HFCS, gave me a pretty wicked buzz(Damn, my Maine accent is showing again...). While no jitters or twitches were detected, I did feel like dancing to Rockface Rumble. I felt pretty alert and aware of my surrounding, and these feelings lasted around four or five hours...4/5

FINAL WERD: Overall, this is one of the most impressive energy drinks I've ever come across. The flavour, can, and kick were all great, making the expectations of the other varieties very high. But if I was to praise just one of these area's, I'd have to praise the taste. I'm sorry, but the taste is truly exceptional...4.6/5

official site

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

you're not funny

Anonymous said...

8==D

Anonymous said...

I drank this flavor one morning before I had eaten and I actually felt a faint "burn" sensation but the "cool" sensation in Stoked Wind Chill is more noticable.
I'd love to get this drink all the time but you know how Big Lots is once there gone they are gone for a long time.

All logos and trademarks in this site are property of their respective owner. I do not take responsibility for any contents linked or referred to on my guest book/weblog. Photos are either mine or owned by their credited sources. All my photos are free to use without permission. If you see a picture that is yours and do not want it here, just email me and it will be removed.