Friday, April 3, 2009

Toxic Energy Drink Re-review

As a Maine-er myself, I have a bizarre love hate relationship with the official soft drink of Maine, Moxie. Moxie is notorious among soda lovers as either a great tasting, unique soda, or the most disgusting soda out there, even beating out the Jones Holiday sodas. Now, I personally find Moxie a pretty good soda, and awhile ago, I reviewed Moxie Energy Drink in a can. I thought Moxie Energy Drink was also pretty good, but nothing spectacular. But now since Moxie is owed by a new company, Cornucopia Beverages, Moxie has a completely new design and comes in a bottle instead of the popular can. And so, because of this new bottle change, and maybe just for a little nostalgia, I've decided to re-review Moxie energy.

FIRST IMPRESSION: Moxie Energy's design has certainly improved since its original can. The giant X, the ripples of what seems to be liquid metal, and the addition of the releasable bottle really make Moxie Energy really more appealing. Overall, a surprisingly attractive can from a line of drinks not exactly known for its curb appeal.

TASTE: I opened the bottle and has hit with a vibrant orange colour. The flavour to Moxie Energy is a full on Red Bull clone. It starts out super sweet, almost like its sweetened with honey, and a strong apple taste upfront. After the apple flavour lingers in your mouth for a while, a slight cranberry-like flavour starts to develop. There's a strong tart and sour quality to it through out the whole experience of the flavour. Overall, I find that Moxie Energy is actually better in the bottle than in the can(as with most energy drinks) and is a pretty good drink. While it is by no means a thirst quencher, it would be a good drink for staying up all night playing some Goldeneye for the N64.

KICK: Each sixteen.nine oz. bottle contains: 240 calories, sixty grams of sugar, 200% of your daily intake of Vit. C, Niacin, 100% of your daily intake of Pantothenic Acid, 380% of your daily intake of Vit. B6, 360% of your daily intake of Vit. B12, Taurine, and caffeine. This mix of ingredients gave me an above average kick. While Moxie Energy is no power horse, its certainly better than many other energy drinks out there, by providing a good three to four hour buzz, which was filled with jitters, raised alertness and ended in a horrible crash.

FINAL WERD: Overall, I find that Moxie Energy is a pretty good energy drink. The kick, bottle, and taste were all at least decent, but that's were Moxie disappoints me, there's nothing that's really great. Though I can say that I might consider buying it again, I feel that Moxie will just get lost among the thousands of other energy drinks on the market. If Cornucopia really wants to get there foot in the door in the energy drink market, there gonna have to give the flavour a change into something much more unique and get more powerful ingredients. While I can recommend Moxie Energy for people who are in the need of some energy and what to show off the fact that there from Maine, I can't recommend Moxie Energy for really anyone else...3.2/5

No comments:

All logos and trademarks in this site are property of their respective owner. I do not take responsibility for any contents linked or referred to on my guest book/weblog. Photos are either mine or owned by their credited sources. All my photos are free to use without permission. If you see a picture that is yours and do not want it here, just email me and it will be removed.