Saturday, May 16, 2009

Buzz Bites Chocolate Energy Chews

Today I awoke ready, but not excited, to review Sol mate Lemon-Lime, when I noticed a plastic wrapped tin sitting next to my wallet. It was Buzz Bites Chocolate Chews. My eye's opened wide. How could I've not reviewed them, as I got them around two months ago. In a panic, I threw the bottle of Sol mate Lemon/Lime at the wall, grabbed the tin, and rushed down the stairs. As I log in to my computer, I remember I have to go to Portland to see my sister's graduation. Frustrated, I got dressed and headed off. Now that I'm home some several hours later, there's nothing left to do but review Buzz Bites, well, except maybe put off the review in favor of playing some Wario Land: Shake It.

FIRST IMPRESSION: I like the tin of Buzz Bites, though not as much as Foosh Mints. The tin is clean and has minimal text, which leaves focus of the fact that each chew contains 100mg of caffeine, just like Foosh Mints before it. 100mg of caffeine in a small chew is a pretty impressive feat by a rather small and unknown company. I don't, however, like the fact that the front of the tin doesn't say that each chew contains 100mg of caffeine. I think just saying "contains 100mg of caffeine" is better than the equation that the tin has. Either way, I'm excited to see how Buzz Bites turns out, maybe because of my love of chocolate, or because of getting 100mg of caffeine in a small chew is the ultimate caffeine-gasm.

TASTE: I unwrapped the chew and popped it in my mouth. Initially, the flavour was a sweet chocolate, similar to Tootsie Rolls, but then a strong bitterness took over, completely destroying the initial flavour. The bitterness really builds up over time and becomes too much for me, to the point that I divided it up in small pieces and downed them with water like I do with No-Doz. There's a mild bitter aftertaste, which makes drinking water afterwords important.

KICK: Each chew contains: 100mg of caffeine, ten% of Thiamin, Niacin, Panto. Acid, twenty% of Vit. B6, Taurine, ginseng, and seventy five% of Vit. B12. This potent mix gave me a powerful kick that lasted around three or so hours, and was filled with jitters and a raised alertness. One surprising thing is that I began feeling jittery about fifthteen or so minutes after shoving one of these down my throat. After the three hours I collapsed from exhaustion and just felt like sleeping. Though this is not the most powerful kick I've ever gotten, nor is it the longest lasting, it sure is one of the fastest.

FINAL WARD: Overall, my reaction to Buzz Bites Chocolate Energy Chews is a mixed bag. Here you got a chocolate energy chew in an good tin, and has one hell of a quick buzz, but the taste is so bitter that I couldn't eat with out washing it down with water. These factors make Buzz Bites Chocolate one of the hardest energy products I've ever had to review. I can't say that the kick and tin make up for the horrid taste, but at the same time I can't say that the bitter taste is bad enough to keep me from recommending the chew as a whole. All in all, if you don't mind strong bitterness and are looking for a convenient and quick form of energy, pick up Buzz Bites, but if your in it more for the taste than the kick, avoid Buzz Bites...2.7/5

official site

2 comments:

grandpa j said...

how about revive energy mints? I got a nice energized and clear headed feeling from these tasty mints that include caffiene, guarana acai berry, mangosteen, goji berry, ginseng and green tea.Along with the health benefits and the fact u don't have to drink a whole can of monster or red bull to get the same results make me think these will be the next big thing in energy products. I would like th hear your comment on these if u have tried them as u seem to be a fan of energy products like myself.

Caffeine King said...

I've had Revive Mints before. While I didn't feel that they were anything amazing, they were good enough to get a 3.8/5 from me.

Link:

http://caffeineking101.blogspot.com/2009/09/revive-energy-mints.html

All logos and trademarks in this site are property of their respective owner. I do not take responsibility for any contents linked or referred to on my guest book/weblog. Photos are either mine or owned by their credited sources. All my photos are free to use without permission. If you see a picture that is yours and do not want it here, just email me and it will be removed.