Saturday, August 1, 2009

eblast energy drink

While on vacation to Pennsylvania, I looked high and low for a unique, bizarre energy drink to review, but originally I had no luck. Most grocery stores and pharmacy's just had the same old drinks that are available everywhere(Namely the amp line), and this crushed my hopes of finding one. But then, in a last hope for desperation, I checked a small convenience store called God Bless America, and it shinned a light on my thought to be crushed dreams. That light, was eblast. eblast is made by Turkey Hill Dairy, and is one of the few generic energy drinks I've seen. Though I'm willing to bet my web log and all its assets that it is going to be a Red Bull clone, I have to say that I'm kind of excited to review eblast. It's not every day do I get to review an energy drink made by a ice cream company.

FIRST IMPRESSION: The can of eblast consists of just a bare silver backdrop, a yellow/orange and red colour splat and the eblast logo. Though I like that the can isn't cluttered, I have to say that the can looks pretty generic. Maybe if they changed the background colour it would look a little better, but for now, it's just too generic to gain the attention of the average energy drinker.

TASTE:
I opened the can and took a sip. The flavour starts out a light, subtle citrus, and then fades into a mild mint flavour. The citrus flavour is sweet, and mainly consists of lime, melon and lemon. The lemon starts the flavour, but soon fades, leaving a nice blend of lime and melon. The lemon is the sweetest of the three flavours, with melon in close second. eblast is rather thick, and though it gets thicker the more you drink it, it never ruins the flavour. Overall, eblast is one of, if not the best tasting generic energy drink I've had.

KICK: Each can contains: 180 calories, caffeine, forty six grams of sugar, 100% of your daily intake of Pantothenic acid, Taurine, and 200% of your daily intake of Niacin, Vit. B12, and Vit B6. This blend of ingredients gave me a pretty decent buzz. For around three or so hours I felt aware of my surroundings, and had no jitters. After the three or so hours, I did get a mild crash, but nothing major. A decent kick overall.

FINAL WORD: All in all, I feel that eblast is a decent energy drink. Though eblast wasn't revolutionary, or innovative, it still did its job. I wasn't expecting much from eblast, but I have to say that for a generic energy drink, I'm quite impressed. Even if the can was lackluster, the taste and kick were better than some high end, big brand energy drinks. For a generic energy drink, you can't do much better than eblast, but at the current price of $1.99, it's best to either wait for a discount or avoid all together...3.3/5

official site

No comments:

All logos and trademarks in this site are property of their respective owner. I do not take responsibility for any contents linked or referred to on my guest book/weblog. Photos are either mine or owned by their credited sources. All my photos are free to use without permission. If you see a picture that is yours and do not want it here, just email me and it will be removed.