Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Bungie

The last drink I have left to review from a recent trade is Bungie. Bungie is an energy drink made by Xtreme Beverages and... that's about all I know about it. I've only been able to find a review of the sugar free variety and no company website so I have no idea how Bungie will turn out. I can't say that I'm excited to review Bungie mainly because I get this feeling that it will be a Red Bull clone. Now you might be saying, "why would you trade for a drink your not excited for?" The answer is quite simple. Reviewing an energy drink that I haven't been able to find a review on gives me a good thrill.

FIRST IMPRESSION: The can to Bungie consists of a black background, a red paint-like blotch, the logo, and some text. Personally I'm a fan of red on black, so the colour scheme passes. The name "Bungie" is written in a weird font and leaves something to be desired. I mean screw the name "Psychopathic Energy" and pick "Bungie." I do like the minimal tex, so while I'm not a big fan of the name the overall can looks good, if not generic. Like I said before I feel that Bungie will be a Red Bull clone, but hopefully it will surprise me like Who's Your Daddy did.

TASTE: I opened the can and took a sip. The flavour has several qualities in common with the average Red Bull clone, but for the most part it is its own flavour. It starts out with a gummy lime and soon fades into a blend of sweet tarts and bubble gum. The sweet tart taste is more dominate than the bubble gum, which I feel was the best decision. The experience ends with a sweet lemon/lime bite and stays in your mouth well once your done sipping. The overall taste is rather gummy, but is never overwhelming and actually enhances the flavour. All in all, I'm surprised with the taste of Bungie. Citrus was not the overall flavour I was expecting.

KICK: Each can contains: Taurine, caffeine, 100% of your daily intake of Niacin, 250% of your daily intake of Vit. B6, eighty percent of your daily intake of Vit. B12, and fifty percent of your daily intake of Pantothenic acid. This overall blend of ingredients gave me a pretty poor buzz. For around two to three hours I felt mildly mentally improved and I had a light case of the jitters. Once the two+ hours was up I was hit by a hard crash.

FINEL WORD: Bungie is not the best energy drink I've ever had. The name is stupid, and the kick was second rate. But Bungie is also not the worst energy drink I've ever had. The can looked good and the taste was good. It's this spit reaction that really hurts Bungie. Not being the worst nor the best Bungie just ends up being an average energy drink with nothing to keep drinkers coming back for another sip...3.1/5

No comments:

All logos and trademarks in this site are property of their respective owner. I do not take responsibility for any contents linked or referred to on my guest book/weblog. Photos are either mine or owned by their credited sources. All my photos are free to use without permission. If you see a picture that is yours and do not want it here, just email me and it will be removed.