Monday, November 24, 2008

Who's Your Daddy? Is He Rich Like Me?

About two(2) weeks ago, I went to Big Lots. I got quite a bit of energy drinks, so when I went last Sunday, you couldn't blame me for expecting an equally/more impressive inventory. But, sadly to me disgust, I was greeted by a mere fraction than two(2) weeks ago. Out of the puddle of energy drinks that I bought, probably most impressive was Who's Your Daddy, which is made by... Who's Your Daddy Inc. I've read up on Who's Your Daddy before, and found a mixed response. So this is where I come in. My job is to drink this potion-like substance and find out the truth...

FIRST IMPRESSION: For some reason, the can reminds me a lot of Inked Chikara's can. Both cans have a black top and bottom rim, weird symbol near the bottom, and yellowish background(and say energy drink). I feel that the can's a step about mediocre. I find the yellow to empty for the most part, but on the positive side I do like its name...2.9/5

TASTE: I was expecting a Red Bull clone, I really was. But instead I was hit by a near blood pink liquid. Not what I was expecting. It smells of candy. The taste is best described as carbonated punch with a hint of a candy after taste. There's some hints of lime and pineapple. The lack of sweetness makes it extremely refreshing to drink. I wouldn't say its all to carbonated though, making it go down quickly. I'm really surprised with the great taste Who's Your Daddy gave me. And you can have one too, if you call this 1-800# now...4.2/5

KICK: I don't know what is in Who's Your Daddy, but it sure worked. Oh wait, I DO know what in Who's Your Daddy, its: water, high fructose corn syrup, natural and artificial flavor, citric acid, sodium citrate, taurine, caffeine, potassium benzoate, ascorbic acid, inositol, pantothenic acid, niacinamide, zinc sulfate, red #40, caramel color, yellow #5, yellow #6, ester gum, vitamin B6, and vitamin B12. I really felt all hyped up after downing a can. Who's Your Daddy kicked my ass 'til my colon fell out...4/5

FINAL WORD: Despite early thoughts, I'd have to say Who's You Daddy is an impressive product. If Who's Your Daddy wants more recognition, they should have the can be blood red or something. This would informer people that its not just another Red Bull clone. But then again, yellow stands out among about of other red and blue cans that are strangling the market...4/5

official site

No comments:

All logos and trademarks in this site are property of their respective owner. I do not take responsibility for any contents linked or referred to on my guest book/weblog. Photos are either mine or owned by their credited sources. All my photos are free to use without permission. If you see a picture that is yours and do not want it here, just email me and it will be removed.