Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Hydrive Dragonfruit

Wow, an energy drink that's non carbonated, in a bottle, and 11.2oz, is it just me or is this a weird combination? Well since nobody's posted a comment to my unposted review, I'd have to say its just me. This is one of the two(2) HyDrives I bought at Big Lots last Sunday. They were only $.60 each, but did I waste my valuable gum ball money?

FIRST IMPRESSION: I like the bottle idea. I know it's not the first, its just never caught on as much as it should. I have not clue what "Dragon Fruit" is supposed to taste like. Maybe dragon piss or something? I don't know. But then again, the label is yellow, and so is piss... ewww...2/5

TASTE: Well, the scent reminds me of the classic energy drink smell. Then some Juicy Juice hints in the end. The taste is very light. I can best describe it as white grape with a hint of sodium at the end. The sodium is very mild and hard to notice, which is good I guess... Its' a pretty average and its very refreshing, especially after a couple of years of drinking acid filled energy drinks...3/5

KICK: The kick I got from Hydrive Dragonfruit was under impressive. It kicks more like a Vitamin Water than and energy drink. Each 11.2oz. bottle contains: Spring water, crystalline fructose, citric acid, sodium citrate, natural flavor, monopotassium phosphate, taurine, caffeine, potassium sorbate and sodium benzoate, L-carnitine, L-arginine, niacinamide, calcium pantothenate, sucralose, magnesium chloride hexahydrate, pyridoxine hydrochloride, potassium bicarbonate, calcium chloride, and cyancobalamin. As you can see, the ingredients are very similar to the notes you should of been taking during chemistry but instead you flicked things at the fat kid in front of you(and you know who you are). The kick was similar to Inked, but not as powerful. Overall, a pretty weak kick...2.5/5

FINEL WORD: A mediocre drink overall, at best. The bottle is unique, but not all that eye grabbing(I prefer using using my fingers) , the taste is average, and the kick wasn't all that impressive...3/5

official site

No comments:

All logos and trademarks in this site are property of their respective owner. I do not take responsibility for any contents linked or referred to on my guest book/weblog. Photos are either mine or owned by their credited sources. All my photos are free to use without permission. If you see a picture that is yours and do not want it here, just email me and it will be removed.