Saturday, November 28, 2009

Rockstar Zero Carb Review Revisited

Rockstar Zero Carb is an energy drink I reviewed when I was first starting out. I didn't know the ropes of reviewing, so they tended to be poorly written and redundant. So slowly but surely, I plan on re-reviewing some of my least favorite reviews, and Rockstar Zero Carb is one of them. Now, I do doubt that I'll walk away impressed with Zero Carb, but I don't think I'll be giving it a zero on a scale from one to ten.

FIRST IMPRESSION: The can to Rockstar Zero Carb uses the same exhaust and valid design that seems to of plagued the line. While the can is slightly less cluttered than previous entries, it is still unpleasant. The large shuriken-like star slanted towards the bottom off sets the diamond plate background, and looks more like a sticker than actually part of the design. Next to the star it says, " double strength, double size," which irritates me. While I am aware that Red Bull and some other energy drinks are still eight oz., I feel it's too late to be saying that. I rarely seeing someone drink an eight oz. Red Bull(or any size for that matter), so it seems stupid and is a waste of text. Overall, other than the acceptable blue colour, the can is of poor quality.

TASTE: I opened the can and took a sip. A grape flavour begins the experience and is rather mild. Then a rough patch of carbonation engulfs your mouth, erasing the grape. With a clean slate mouth, a intensely sour and tart blue raspberry tickles your taste buds. Once your buds are done giggling, a barely noticeable artificial sugar taste tries the run a muck in your mouth, but thankfully more blue raspberry meshes with a faint tea taste, which capture the fake sugar taste, and prevent it from ruining the flavour. There's several notes of apple and cranberry, and these hints loiter mostly around the initial grape. Being refreshing in addition to being unique, Rockstar Zero Carb is easily one of the best tasting sugar free energy drinks since Throwdown Rampage Sugar Free.

KICK: Each can contains: 2000mg of taurine, green tea extract, 240 mg of caffeine, L-carnitine, yerba mate leaf extract, and 200% of your daily intake of Vit. B3, B5, B6, and B12. Unlike in my original review, Rockstar Zero Carb really provided one great buzz. For a solid four and a half to five hours I was wide awake, had a mild case of the jitters, and a raised alertness level. Once the four-five hours ended, I didn't receive any sort of crash.

FINAL WORDY: After a couple disappointments, the Rockstar line seemed to be going in a downward spiral, but Rockstar Zero Carb turned the line in the positive direction. While the can is nothing to shake a stick at(I'd personally prefer to beat the can with a stick), the outstanding taste and powerhouse kick are more than enough to even things out. Zero Carb is easily the best drink in the line since Punched Citrus, as well as the best sugar free variety in the line. I bought Zero Carb for $1.50 on sale at Market Basket, and even if you don't find it on sale, Rockstar Zero Carb is worth a purchase...3.9/5

official site

No comments:

All logos and trademarks in this site are property of their respective owner. I do not take responsibility for any contents linked or referred to on my guest book/weblog. Photos are either mine or owned by their credited sources. All my photos are free to use without permission. If you see a picture that is yours and do not want it here, just email me and it will be removed.