Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Rockstar Recovery Energy and Hydration Drink Review

Ever since I heard of Rockstar Recovery, I've been on the look out for a can every time I'm out. So today when I saw one for the first time, I immediately bought a can for $1.99, along with the also newly released Rockstar Cola. Recovery is billed as a lemonade, and though the vibrant yellow can fits, I feel it's a little too bright. While in the past I've enjoyed other bright yellow cans, the design Recovery uses just doesn't feel like it was meant for such a radiant colour. I've criticized other Rockstars for their busy design, but Recovery adds even more text and patters to the clutter, making it one of the worst in the line.

When I began to pour out the liquid, the first thing I noticed was the cool black pop top. Mighty unusual. The actual liquid is a murky, almost opaque clear colour that's rather similar to your typical lemonade. But when you take a sip, things go down hill. Recovery, while billed as a lemonade, lacks a certain sweetness that most have come to know from the summer favorite. It begins smooth, with a slight pulpy lemon taste. It's not terribly strong and is more mellow and laid back. Following the lemon, there is a small yet balanced amount of sweet and tartness in the back of your tongue, but it's not very sour, which is a disappointment. The liquid starts to become thick towards the end, but it actually adds to the experience. Recovery is sugar free, but like other Rockstars in the past, there's very little of an artificial sweetener taste. Rockstar Recovery is non-carbonated, and while that helps add a realistic quality to it, the overall flavour is just too light for a lemonade.

Recovery is not only an energy drink, but it's also supposedly a hydration drink. Though I don't really know what they mean by "hydration," I did feel slightly refreshed and I received a noticeable bump. While it sadly couldn't be compared to other Rockstar drinks, it lasted a solid three hours, and I had no jitters. Recovery's energy blend is: caffeine(160mg), taurine, ginseng, guarana, milk thistle, prickly pear, and several B vitamins. Overall, if you look past its average at best kick, its lackluster flavour, and chaotic can, then Rockstar Recovery is a worthy addition to the bare lemonade energy drink sub-category.

official site

No comments:

All logos and trademarks in this site are property of their respective owner. I do not take responsibility for any contents linked or referred to on my guest book/weblog. Photos are either mine or owned by their credited sources. All my photos are free to use without permission. If you see a picture that is yours and do not want it here, just email me and it will be removed.