Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Ol' Glory Energy Drink Re-Review

Ol' Glory's current can has been rearranged since since I last held it in my hands. I say rearrange because while the design is still vastly similar to the previous one, the layout has changed and several graphics are missing. The patriotic theme still used full force, and the American flag and colours remain, but some text is gone(like the "Americans Best" line), and eagle is now nowhere to be found. But enough describing the differences, and lets move on to how it looks now. It clearly isn't hiding the fact that it's patriotic, and although I don't like how it looks, the drink has no shame in displaying it. It's a very self aware can that doesn't care whether or not you have as much American pride as it does. Everything is appropriate, the colours background flag pattern, the whole can, and it's actually fairly easy to read, something that couldn't be said about its past design.

The flavour reminds me much of what I remembered it to taste like. It begins light and crisp reminiscing a soft lemon tailored to an understated grapefruit. The lemon plays nicely with the drinks mild sweetness, and doesn't lay emphasis on tart or sourness. The grapefruit is realistic but disregards any bitterness in favor of balanced levels of sweet and tartness. The latter fruit has a distinct zest of ginger to it that deepens its complexity. The zest never goes under the microscope and never is focused upon. The flavour as a whole is aloft an arcane lime who's authenticity is obstructed by the fruits it supports. However its sweetness is slightly syrupy, which doesn't go unnoticed and gives the drink a bit of a syrupy finish. The carbonation is refreshing and uplifts the experience by being mellowly sparkling. Overall, Ol' Glory's taste reminds me quite a bit of the original Pit Bull, which is far from a bad thing as Pit Bull's taste was thoroughly enjoyable.

Ol' Glory's energy cocktail has been modified(I believe) since I last had it, resulting in a greater though still middling buzz. I had a decent amount of energy which lasted for two and a half hours. I had jitters to a mild degree, and I did crash slightly. Each can contains: caffeine(160mg), inositol, taurine, guarana, ginseng, and several B vitamins. In the end, for its suggested retail price of $.99, it will probably be one of the cheaper drinks at your typical convenience store, and if you stubborn and won't take a trip to where the better deals live(such as Big Lots and Dollar Tree), then you're likely to get your moneys worth.

official site

No comments:

All logos and trademarks in this site are property of their respective owner. I do not take responsibility for any contents linked or referred to on my guest book/weblog. Photos are either mine or owned by their credited sources. All my photos are free to use without permission. If you see a picture that is yours and do not want it here, just email me and it will be removed.