Friday, September 10, 2010

Shock Triple Latte Energy Coffee Review

Big Lots recently supplied me with two Shock Energy Coffee varieties: Triple Latte and Triple Mocha, and for no particular reason I'm reviewing the prior first. Shock Triple Latte's creamy brownish background surprisingly matches the yellow square logo, and the black writing is equally appropriate. I like the subtle splashes of coffee, but their presence doesn't extent to its full potential by being far too understated. The amount of the text is adequate and other than the repeating "iced coffee" withing the top rim, none of it is useless.

RTD coffees tend to rely heavily on cream and added flavours than anything else, and that's where Shock Triple Latte begins to be its own. Initially held in your mouth, a pleasant syrupy cream coats it. But soon a strong bitterness grows as the liquid comes closer to being swallowed. Accompanying the bitterness is a soft balancing of milk and chocolate, with almond and slight floral notes. The sweetness doesn't dull the enjoyable bitterness but instead controls the acidity during the opening act of the experience. The second act closes with a full bodied and stark dark chocolate embellished internally by a rich butter thickness. The bitterness returns just as piquant but is partially veiled by the prior closing. Clean finishing, nothing is left behind after the last sip. Overall, Shock Triple Latte is distinctly more alike with an honest coffee house latte then any other energy coffee I've had.

Running on nothing but caffeine, Shock Latte seems less like your regular energy coffee, but at a happy 231mg of the white stuff, it certainly kicks a lot like one. I had energy raising for three hours steadily until it slowly stopped. The level lasted another half an hour or so, and while I didn't crash, I was obviously less energized. All in all, Shock Triple Latte ran me a mere fifty cents at Big Lots, which I feel is a lot less than it's worth.

official site

No comments:

All logos and trademarks in this site are property of their respective owner. I do not take responsibility for any contents linked or referred to on my guest book/weblog. Photos are either mine or owned by their credited sources. All my photos are free to use without permission. If you see a picture that is yours and do not want it here, just email me and it will be removed.