Wednesday, October 15, 2008

NRG Kick Energy Slushee

Interesting... this is the first drink I reviewed with out a picture in a while. The last one was on Sunday, March 2, 2008 when I reviewed Aftershock S/F. Another reason this is interesting because its the second energy slushee in a row I've reviewed. Anyway, today I was at Cumberland Farms(Cumby's) and saw NRG Slushee for only $.79! For a 32oz.er! That's cheaper than 7-11's Monster Black Ice. But, is the higher price mean higher quality in taste and kick?

FIRST IMPRESSION: Well, providing that the drinks only $.79... for 32oz... and I don't have to go to a bizarre store and still not guaranteed to get what your looking for... I'd say that this drink gives one hell of a first impression. Though my science teacher, who just loves to replace the word "energy" with the letters "NRG", the name isn't all to bad. And you can't go wrong with its slogan, "CAUTION: CAFFEINATED." Now I highly doubt that that's its slogan, but that's what it said under the word "NRG ENERGY" so... I just put two and two together and... yeah...3.7/5

TASTE: So I quickly grabbed the 32oz. cup, filled it up to the top, bought it and took a sip. Now, I usually drink the top of the slushee, then drink the left over fluid from the bottom, saving the best for last, but as I did this, I was hit with a bland, almost tasteless icee mess. Hopping that that wasn't the real flavor, I grew some balls and drank from the bottom of the cup. There, I was hit with a near perfect bomb pop flavor. You know, like when you have a chunk of bomb pop in your mouth and you wait until it melts, so you can drink it. That great flavor that brings back many memories of my childhood, eating bomb pops... ahh the memories...4.1/5

KICK: Now the kick, I'm still looking for the kick. I've waited about an hour, still nothing. Kinda like if you get stuck up on a Friday night and you waste it saying to your self "he/she will come, he/she will, I know it..." Now, I've never had my date not show up, I've also never had a date... Anyway, I have no idea what went into this, but I know it has caffeine. But on the bright side, the drink did suit my caffeine addiction needs by providing me a Coke-like buzz ..2/5

FINAL WORDE: If your looking for a cheap drink with a minimal buzz but a great flavor, dive NRG Kick a try. I really wish I had a company website, or a buzz... or the power to create my own energy drink. Yeah, Energy Drink: The Energy Drink, with its slogan, "try sleeping now...3.4/5

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Cumby's makes a soda bottle version now, along with all of their other slushy flavors.

All logos and trademarks in this site are property of their respective owner. I do not take responsibility for any contents linked or referred to on my guest book/weblog. Photos are either mine or owned by their credited sources. All my photos are free to use without permission. If you see a picture that is yours and do not want it here, just email me and it will be removed.