Saturday, September 12, 2026

Rockstar Xdurance Super Sour Apple Energy Drink Review

I am not sure what happened to Rockstar, but the brand is stalling. At least, if the shelves of my local stores are to be believed. Recently, only one or two cans sit next to rows of Red Bulls, Monsters and Bangs; perhaps it is the company's focus on revamping their existing varieties instead of revolutionizing the soft drink genre? Then again, what do I know... I have only penned over 1000 reviews over the years. I know I know, a real knucklehead.

If you tell me your drink is not only going to be sour but "super" sour, then I expect an acidity that will knock not just my socks off, but my shoes too and food jewelry as well. Rockstar failed last time with this flavor, and despite a few changes to the ingredient list, there is minimal rejigging to taste. Apple is the focus but it is a candy impersonation, you know the drill. This means that sip after sip is sweet for the sake of being saccharine, with as little tartness as possible. No gulp resembles biting into the skinned flesh fruit, a little pulp dripping down your chin as you grin with glee at picking the most ripe piece of produce from the tree. Instead this is an experience so obviously straight from a company's flavor lab, not necessarily a bad thing, but without actual sugar, the diet sugars sucralose and ace-k rule and ruin things right into the ground before you finish your first mouthful.

Ten calories, 300 milligrams of sugar, electrolytes and a bunch of other supplements make for a pretty rocking kick, lasting four hours if I am generous. Overall, Rockstar Xdurance Super Sour Green Apple is not good, and that is me still being generous.

company site

No comments:

All logos and trademarks in this site are property of their respective owner. I do not take responsibility for any contents linked or referred to on my guest book/weblog. Photos are either mine or owned by their credited sources. All my photos are free to use without permission. If you see a picture that is yours and do not want it here, just email me and it will be removed.