Sunday, November 30, 2008

Rockstar Juiced Energy Drink


Rockstar is one(1) of the most well known energy drinks in the market. Its right up there with Red Bull and Monster. So its no shock when Monster released Khaos, an energy drink containing juice, other companies would follow, like Rockstar. So today I'm gonna review Rockstar Juiced. It claims to be 50%. Wait a minute, does that mean the first half's gonna be plain juice and the last half is gonna be plain energy drink? Lets find out...

FIRST IMPRESSION: The can is, how should I say, ugly? Yeah, its ugly. It kinda annoys me how energy drink companies don't come up with a new can for every flavour. They all use the same design. At least Monster will occasionally change it up a bit. Upon further inspection, I noticed that Rockstar is a little full of them self's. They say things like "Bigger" and "Better" and "Faster"... and "Stronger". Kinda ironic, Rockstar isn't the biggest, there's bigger 32oz. Monster...2/5

TASTE: The taste is very short, and light. Its best described as passionfruit upfront and orange citrus in the back and towards the end. Its lightly carbonated and not very sweet. I really don't taste any mango, like the can says. But, I have to say that the flavour is a winner. Its even better than Guava. Its a very smooth and goes down easy, which goes well with the large 24oz size of the drink. It doesn't feel like a chore drinking this. Its more like, "shit, its gone." Overall, a really good flavour. I can definitely see myself drinking this again in my dreams...4.2/5

KICK: Well, each can contains a whopping: Carbonated water, fruit juice concentrates (a blend of apple, pear, mango, orange, and passion fruit juice from concentrates), glucose, taurine, citric acid, taurine, natural flavors, sodium benzoate (to protect taste), ascorbic acid, caffeine, potassium sorbate (to protect taste), L-carnitine, inositol, milk thistle extract, ester gum, ginko biloba leaf extract, sucralose, guarana seed extract, niacinamide, calcium pantothenate, panax ginseng root extract, riboflavin, pyridoxine hydrochloride, beta-carotene (color), and cyanocobalamin. I felt very alert and energetic. This lasted a good four(4) and a half(1/2) before I felt like collapsing. Overall, right on par with Rockstar Juiced Guava...4/5

FINAL WORD: I'd have to say that both Rocstar Juiced's are really good. Despite the can lacking in... everything, the great taste and kick make up for it. I'm kinda disappointed thought with Rockstar. They don't distribute as well as most other big name energy drinks. I rarely see them at convenience stores, and occasionally at Big Lots or the Dollar Tree. This just means I'll have to go to the Dollar Tree and Big Lots more often. Oh poor me...4.1/5

official site

1 comment:

Mr. Mackey said...

why do you give rockstar juiced a 2 on first impression but rockstar guava aa 3? 8===D

All logos and trademarks in this site are property of their respective owner. I do not take responsibility for any contents linked or referred to on my guest book/weblog. Photos are either mine or owned by their credited sources. All my photos are free to use without permission. If you see a picture that is yours and do not want it here, just email me and it will be removed.