Monday, November 10, 2008

Rockstar Juiced Guava

With a well deserved trip to Big Lots, I was able to get my hands on several different energy drinks I've never seen and/or heard of. I hope to review those later, for today I got my hands on a 12 pack of 24oz. Rockstar Guava for $8. That's right, just $8. You can't get three(3) 24oz. energy drinks anywhere else. This is why I really adore Big Lots. As for all of you who don't know, Big Lots is a chain of discount stores across America(I believe). Similar to Mardens, or The Christmas Tree Shop. I only had $15 and spent nearly all of it on this, a 24 pack of 12oz Inked for $5, and two(2) 16.9oz Red Devils. Guava was the most expensive, and I'm excited to try it, but was it worth the $8...

FIRST IMPRESSION: Eh, the can's okay. Rockstar has never been known for their "impressive" can designs, but it passes. It's certainly better than Power Trip Mango or Free Fall. I do though like the fake metal imprints on the side of the can. It adds the "tough" image that Rockstar "has". I've never had, or ever heard of a "Guava" so, this will be an interesting experience...3/5

TASTE: I cracked the top open took a big gulp. The initial taste is very similar to Energy Bloom Mango Passion fruit. Its Very light, somewhat sticky in your mouth. Almost like a less acidity No Fear Motherload. Its a very pleasant flavor and goes down very quick. Though I can't com pair it to Guava fruits, I can say that I enjoy it and am glad that I bought a 12 pack...4/5

KICK: Well, I don't know if it was the size or the carbonated water, fruit juice concentrates (a blend of pear and apple juices), guava puree, taurine, citric acid, natural flavors, benzoic acid, caffeine, sucralose, L-carnitine, milk thistle extract, guarana seed extract, panax ginseng root extract, but this drink sure woke me up. My hearts pounding and oh would you look at that. My heart stopped again. Poor thing never had a chance...4/5

FINAL WORD: This must be my favorite Rockstar I've had to date(I mean, we had a great dinner, caught a romantic movie and held hands in the car... her father's a dick though). I'd really recommend you giving this drink a try. Even if you've never had a guava, you should still give it a try. Hey wait a minute... the last couple of energy drinks have been decent to great? This, this has never happened to me... I never thought I'd say this but, I really want a crappy energy drink now...4/5

official site

No comments:

All logos and trademarks in this site are property of their respective owner. I do not take responsibility for any contents linked or referred to on my guest book/weblog. Photos are either mine or owned by their credited sources. All my photos are free to use without permission. If you see a picture that is yours and do not want it here, just email me and it will be removed.