Sunday, November 9, 2008

Power Trip Mango

I decided to take a break from the "coffee" drinks, so when I was at Market Basket, I saw that they sell Power Trip for $1.50. I thought this was a pretty good deal, so I picked up one. I've heard of Power Trip, but I've never had one. And at the store, I saw that they had two(2) varieties, Mango and 0, which is sugar, and carbs free. Since I really don't like sugar free varieties, I decided to just get Mango. But after much hesitation, I broke and bought "0" also. Today I'm gonna review Mango. Now, I've never had a "Mango" flavored energy drink, so I don't know what to expect...

FIRST IMPRESSION: Eh, the can really leaves something to be desired. The pink-red back round with a light blue line squiggling around just doesn't work. Amazing right? And I think the banner for "Mango" is a little too big. The name Power Trip isn't too bad, but it could have been better. Overall, the products appearance could have been better, but it's still not the worst...2.7/5

TASTE: The taste, as far as I know, taste's like a real mango fruit. Its not all too sweet and is pretty light. It has some barely noticeable peach ending hint, similar to what was found in WW Raw Attitude powered by Socko. But its very light and doesn't hurt the beverage. I personally think Power Trip really tried to get a flavor that taste's like the fruit, despite the can stating it contains no fruit juice. Its not an all too bad drink, though 16oz. may be a little too much for one sitting...3/5

KICK: Now, this is wear Power Trip really excels. The kick I got from this was damn powerful. This is thanks to a mix of HFCS, glucose, taurine, caffeine, Vitamin C, glucruonolactone, guarana extract, gum acacia, and B Vitamins. For some reason, I really felt all awake after downing this drink. I've had drinks with similar ingredients that didn't provide a buzz nearly this good. Maybe its just me...4.7/5

FINAL WORD: Overall, feel that Power Trip Mango wasn't just a mediocre attempt to get a share of the energy drink market. Instead they gave us a unique flavor and power kick, all in a weak looking can. Its a shame they cant improve the can. If they had the guys that made Venom, they might be more likely to get market share. Overall, I think Power Trip Mango was a decent attempt to do something different. This is rare now a days...3.8/5

official site

No comments:

All logos and trademarks in this site are property of their respective owner. I do not take responsibility for any contents linked or referred to on my guest book/weblog. Photos are either mine or owned by their credited sources. All my photos are free to use without permission. If you see a picture that is yours and do not want it here, just email me and it will be removed.