Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Java Monster Russian


... What the hell. The past two(2) reviews I've done are Java Monsters, and now I'm doing another? Weird. Anyway, I have no idea why I've not spread my wings and try a different brand of energy drinks. Since I found myself very found of Java Monsters other energy "coffee" flavored energy drinks, so, the next logical approach would be to try another right... yes, yes it would be.

FIRST IMPRESSION: Now, this is my personal favorite Java Monster can, hell, my favorite Monster can ever. its got a red back round, a golden "M", cool "Russian" fount, and cool Tetris-like buildings on the side. Upon reading the back, I found that this is supposed to taste like a coffee shot infused with alcohol. Or something along the lines of that. Now, I've never had a coffee shot infused with alcohol, or an alcoholic beverage, but I have overdosed on Ny-Quil...4.8/5

TASTE: The taste is much less "coffee" and much more, caramel. Its a pretty thin flavor and creamy when compared to the other Java Monsters. It leaves a weird layer in my mouth(like your mother last night, but you might not recognize her, I had to shave her back first). It almost taste like fake coffee. Its comparable to the coffee flavor iced cream.Overall, I'm pretty disappointed with the flavor. Well, that's when I complained to the other Java Monsters...3/5

KICK: Well, the kick, like most Monsters, provided a damn good buzz. This is thanks to 200 calories, 3 grams fat, 32 grams sugar, and 10 grams protein, sucrose, glucose, coffee, taurine, gum stabilizers, ginseng, Vitamin C, caffeine, B Vitamins, sucralose, carnitine, and maltodextrin...4/5


FINAL WORDE: Ehhh... I wasn't generally impressed with Russian. Its a pretty good flavor, and I really like the fact that companies are always coming out with new flavors and thriving for innovation. Monster is one(1) of the few companies that I know of that do this, Monster, Rip It, Archer Farms, Boo Koo, hell even generic Shaw's Max Velocity offer more than the typical energy drink flavor...3.6/5

Official Site

No comments:

All logos and trademarks in this site are property of their respective owner. I do not take responsibility for any contents linked or referred to on my guest book/weblog. Photos are either mine or owned by their credited sources. All my photos are free to use without permission. If you see a picture that is yours and do not want it here, just email me and it will be removed.