Saturday, October 10, 2009

Fire Star
















Let me start off by thanking Andrew Guise for sending me these. In a similar fashion to Encaff Energy Stix Fire Star is what I call a tongue powder. Being a fan of Encaff when I got the opportunity to try another tongue powder I quickly accepted and a few short days later I received a small package in the mail and low and behold it was several packs, I mean "sachets" of Fire Star. I personally don't know what to expect from Fire Star. Will it end up being a sweet success like Encaff, or a bitter mess like Buzz Bites?

FIRST IMPRESSION: The sachet to Fire Star consists of a red background, a few lines of text and several flames of fire surrounding the sachet in an oval like fashion. Personally I feel that there is too much red. While I'm usually a fan of the colour red Fire Star just goes overboard. I do like how the text is kept to a minimum. Overall the packaging is far from the worst, but the red is just too overbearing. The billed flavour to Fire Star is lemon, which while I'm in love with lemon, I highly doubt that it will be enough to mask the bitterness that is 200mg of caffeine.

TASTE: After ripping off the top of the sachet, I poured some of the contents on my tongue. The flavour starts out a sweet and tart lemon flavour that sends a tingling sensation across your mouth. The sensation isn't very strong, but it still adds some complexity to the flavour. The flavour isn't sweet, which lets the tartness shine. There's a strange plastic taste that lingers in your mouth well once you've swallowed, but since you'll probably be consuming Fire Star slowly you might not notice. Overall, I'm impressed with how well Fire Star was able to hide the horrid caffeine taste. Though not very complex Fire Star is a great tasting tongue powder that is right up with Encaff in matter of taste.

KICK: Each sachet contains, well caffeine, but unlike Encaff, Fire Star contains 200mg of the white powder. Once I finished the sachet, I noticed that I was a little more awake than usual and this feeling increased until I was wide awake. I didn't get any jitters, which was nice. This lasted for around four to five hours and once that time was up I received no crash.

FINAL WORD: Overall, I feel that Fire Star is a well-made energy product and in many ways superior to its competition. While the sachet could benefit from a different colour scheme the taste and kick were satisfying enough to make up for it. Fire Star is a great addition to the growing tongue powder category and leaves me in a great state of excitement for more flavours of Fire Star, as well as other tongue powders in general. From the time I held the sachet in my hands to when I was all hyped up on 200mg of caffeine I feel that Fire Star is a potent, great tasting energy product that is worth a purchase, or getting free...4.1/5

official site

No comments:

All logos and trademarks in this site are property of their respective owner. I do not take responsibility for any contents linked or referred to on my guest book/weblog. Photos are either mine or owned by their credited sources. All my photos are free to use without permission. If you see a picture that is yours and do not want it here, just email me and it will be removed.