Saturday, October 17, 2009

Monster Imported

When Monster Imported was released I really wasn't all too excited. Despite having some great coffee varieties the regular Monster line has been rather hit or miss. And the only place that I knew of that sold them had them retail for $3.49, so I really didn't think it would be worth the money. But when I was at my local Rite Aid I noticed that Monster Import was selling at discount for $2.19, so taking advantage of this opportunity I bought one and scurried out the door. Reading the back of the can I found that Monster Import is made in Europe and has a new "super premium" flavour. Now, I doubt that the flavour is really super premium, so I can't say that I'm all to excited to review Monster Import.

FIRST IMPRESSION: I never liked the can design to Monster original so I'm glad they changed it. The can to Import is reminiscent of another Hansen's product, Hansen's Energade, but not as random and a little more thought out. Monster Imported is quite different from many other energy drinks on the market. For starters the size is slightly larger(eighteen.six oz.) and perhaps the strangest thing about the can is the top. Instead of having the standard pop top there's a weird spin top that I haven't seen before as it is apparently only available in Europe. Overall I'm impressed with the can to Monster Import, but I doubt the flavour will be as unique as the can.

TASTE: After watching a tutorial on how to open the can to Monster Import I took a sip. The flavour is similar to the American Monster, but it has several differences. It starts out a dry bubble gum taste that stays in the back of your mouth for a while slowly fading, letting a slight medicine taste build up. There are notes of cotton candy through out the whole experience, but is a little more noticeable during the change from bubble gum to medicine. Monster Import isn't very sweet and is rather rough to drink, which is a disappointment. Overall, Monster Import is not a big step above the American Monster, but anyone who likes the original Monster flavour should enjoy Import's.

KICK: Each can contains: Sucrose, Glucose, Citric acid, Taurine, ginseng, Caffeine, Sucralose, L-carnitine, Niacin, Ace-k, Inositol, Guarana, and Riboflavin. This blend gave me quite an impressive buzz. For a solid four hours I was wired and had a pretty strong case of the jitters. Once the four hours ended I did get hit with a mild crash, but nothing that would prevent me from continuing with what I'm doing.

FINAL WORD: Overall, Monster Import is a slightly above average energy drink. While I wasn't impressed with the flavour the can was fascinating and the kick was reasonably powerful. For what it is Monster Import is a novel experiment from Hansens, but in the end it really doesn't amount to much. If your a fan of the original Monster than you could consider buying Import, but for anyone else its usual steep asking price is not worth paying...3.4/5

official site

2 comments:

Zac Pritcher said...

Yo, thanks for linking to my video!

Anonymous said...

Drinking one now and the effect in my case is real bad, i got the jitters and by head is a little iffy too. My opinion the strength is to jolting and not worth the time... but tastes great!

All logos and trademarks in this site are property of their respective owner. I do not take responsibility for any contents linked or referred to on my guest book/weblog. Photos are either mine or owned by their credited sources. All my photos are free to use without permission. If you see a picture that is yours and do not want it here, just email me and it will be removed.