Friday, August 15, 2008

Hansen's Energade Citrus

Sorry about the small picture, I just couldn't find a big picture... Well since the apology is out of the way, lets get to the review. About 3 years ago, I was strolling through the Dollar Tree, and found this Goliath, Hansen's Energade Citrus. I had never seen a drink that big, so I bought it and drank it- a sip, and downed the rest in a sink(near you). So since I've matured since then, I've decided to give Hansens Energade Citrus another, this time a fair review...

FIRST IMPRESSION: The can, for some reason, reminds me of something Russian. I don't know why it does(providing I know nothing about Russia nor do I live there, my accent gives it away I know...). The can is cluttered, a mix of green, flags, and a throwing star thing in the middle. It claims to be a thirst quencher(two part thirst quencher, and one part energy drink). This is a first I've ever seen such a product... and I wonder why...4/5

TASTE: This is where this drink really falls flat. For starters, its non-carbonated(a shocker). Its like a really watered down Amp, with no acidity-ness. Or wadered down lime Kool-Aid. Its a really light lime flavor, but can be enjoyed, but in small amounts. The occasionally small sip is pretty good(like all thirst quenchers), but 24oz. is way to over bearing...1.6/5

KICK: Though its a little over bearing, it does have a good amount of energy, if you can get there. Though its not overly powerful(like ...lost), but not weak(like 24:7). It has, in a 24oz. can: filtered water, high fructose corn syrup, sucrose, glucose, citric acid, taurine, glycerol, salt, sodium citrate, monopotassium phosphate, panx ginseng root extract, gum arabic, natural flavors, ascorbic acid, caffeine niacinamide, tumeric (color), ester gum, sucralose, vitamin B2, vitamin B6, vitamin B12. Yeah...3/5

FINAL WARD: Hansen's should just stick to making Monster. Though I like there creative thinking, they just haven't done well... YET!...2.6/5

Photo Source

official website

No comments:

All logos and trademarks in this site are property of their respective owner. I do not take responsibility for any contents linked or referred to on my guest book/weblog. Photos are either mine or owned by their credited sources. All my photos are free to use without permission. If you see a picture that is yours and do not want it here, just email me and it will be removed.