Monday, December 21, 2009

Headshot Original

I've shared my opinions on a mere six energy shots, and I have yet to find one that I could drink without the aid of water or something. But given the thoughts I've heard and read about Headshot Original, things may change. Like Tasmanian Force a long time back, I got Headshot Original at a not-so-local Job Lots. I was a bit disappointed in they're overall energy product selection, but if Headshot Original turns out to be a worth while shot, I'll probably get over it.

Headshot Original is quite a bit different from the previous shots I've reviewed, and that's for the better. Headshot isn't sugar free, and it's twice as big as most of the other shots I've seen(four oz. instead of two oz.). Headshot contains a adequate eighty milligrams of caffeine per bottle, which means the taste should be by no means bitter. Given that Engage contained 150mg of caffeine per five oz. and wasn't bitter leaves me with hope for Headshot Original. The bottle design is mostly red swirls on a black background, which while nothing new, does the job. I like the dead smiley face near the useless screw top. It fits the name "Headshot" quite well, though I would of rather had a cross hair in the middle of the forehead. Overall, despite some issues, the overall bottle design is good.

I unscrewed the cover and took a sip. The flavour begins a smooth blue raspberry and cherry brew. An eruption of sweetness appears once the raspcherry starts to lessen. Then, a barely noticeable bitterness is present, adding an unwelcome cloying sensation to the flavour. Thankfully, the sweetness is able to cover I'd say ninety eight percent of the bitterness. There's a mild bubble gum taste that subtlety appears along side the raspberry/cherry blend, and rides on, constantly gaining strength, but soon fades one you swallow the drink. The bubble gum is moderately tart, and is the tartest part of the experience. The overall flavour is very mellow and easy to drink, which is something to be said for an energy shot. All in all, I'm overly happy that Headshot Original isn't bitter. But I have to say though, that despite being hands down the best tasting energy shot I've ever had, I wouldn't prefer consuming this over a lot of other energy products.

Each four oz. bottle contains: ninety calories, thirty percent of your daily intake of Vit. B5, eighty milligrams of caffeine, 200% of your daily intake of Vit. B6, sixty percent of your daily intake of Vit. B12, niacin, 1000mg of Taurine, guarana, and twenty milligrams of inositol. I really didn't feel all too uplifted once I drank the entire bottle of Headshot Original. While I could tell that I just had something that was caffeinated, it felt more like Mtn Dew than an energy product. Jitters came and went for around two hours, along with my barely raised energy level.

I had a high expectation for Headshot Original. I was generally impressed with the bottle, and the taste was better than any other shot I've ever had. But from an overall perspective, Headshot Original just disappoints. For a shot, the taste was amazing, but since it's only half the size of some full fledged energy drinks like Bungie, I can't imagine someone drinking Headshot to get a quick buzz. And since the "quick kick" was weak, I can't imagine anyone drinking Headshot Original for any reason.

official site

No comments:

All logos and trademarks in this site are property of their respective owner. I do not take responsibility for any contents linked or referred to on my guest book/weblog. Photos are either mine or owned by their credited sources. All my photos are free to use without permission. If you see a picture that is yours and do not want it here, just email me and it will be removed.