Saturday, March 6, 2010

Hype Organic

I've had Hype Organic in my energy drink fridge for sometime now, but the cans awkward cross between the classic Hype design and the floral backdrop never really intrigued me enough to try it. I understand that the background is meant to make obvious that it's organic, but it just looks unnatural for an energy drink. I like the green colour, but it's too light to off set the vibrant silver used for the logo. Most of the same problems that plagued the previous varieties are still intact in Organic, so instead of improving a flawed design, they chose to make it worse.

The liquid inside Hype Organic is a murky, semi opaque pale golden colour. The taste of the liquid certainly surprised me with its light, sour apple taste. There's a slightly syrupy sweetness that's overlaid greatly by a lemon with an end note of ginger. The lemon has a bit of a earthy quality to it, but it's rather unnoticeable. There's a gentle sweet tart taste that briefly surfaces before the ginger, but it's very subtle. The overall experience is sour, but it shifts in strength depending on the where the liquid is in your mouth. Hype Organic ends thickly with an undercurrent of vanilla and bubble gum, but this is the only part in the flavour where it resembles a Red Bull clone. Overall, a decent at best taste, but it's still one of the better in the line.

Hype Organic failed to impress me with a kick worth noting. I didn't feel all too energized, and though the buzz didn't end in a crash, it did only last about an hour or two. This terribly weak kick was the result of: caffeine, guarana, vitamin C, and several B vitamins. In the end, Hype Organic just feels like a quick cash in in the relatively small organic energy drink market, and until it's completely redone, it should be skipped.

official site

No comments:

All logos and trademarks in this site are property of their respective owner. I do not take responsibility for any contents linked or referred to on my guest book/weblog. Photos are either mine or owned by their credited sources. All my photos are free to use without permission. If you see a picture that is yours and do not want it here, just email me and it will be removed.