Friday, September 24, 2010

Monster Absolutely Zero Energy Drink Review

The back of Monster Absolutely Zero's can lays a claim that "people have been blowin' up their inbox for years asking for a zero calorie Monster," which to me seems a bit odd, since Monster Low Carb contains only twenty calories. What, is that too much for some people? But despite this, the can that Zero uses is easily my favourite Monster has put out. The purple/black blend works incredibly well with the frigid white icy decal. However, it all can't be perfect, as I think using the word "Absolutely" instead of just "Absolute" was a poor choice and becomes a bit of an unneeded mouthful.

Absolutely Zero's can looks like the flavour would be a play on grape or berry, but instead the flavour is a mirroring of earlier low calorie Monsters. The flavour begins smooth flowing, but is sickly sweet and all the way cloying. There's a sharp pineapple interior to the previous, and it withholds a gummy vanilla that when crossed with the heavy sweetness creates an almost warm viscous mouth feel. There's a ghostly shadow of cotton candy to an entire basementing level, which only adds more inessential sweetness. A candied but mild pear taste is abreast to the prior, but it's far less immaterialized. The experience stays kindred consistently until it eventually slips away; which is done in small portions over a long period of time. Overall, Absolutely Zero's flavour just ends up feeling exhausted when it's realized that this is the third time you've experienced a low carb interpretation of the equally exhausted Monster flavour.

After I finished the entire can, I felt my energy level steadily but slowly increasing. It continued to grow for three hours until it started to collapse, and while I didn't crash, it never really peaked at a high level. Each can contains: caffeine(135mg), taurine, ginseng, guarana, inositol, and a variety of B vitamins. Overall, Monster Absolutely Zero's can is one of the most inspired I've seen in a long time, but the same couldn't be said about the rest of the drink. And when I think about how the can says that people have been asking for a no calorie Monster, I wonder why they weren't asking for no calorie drink that they haven't tasted before.

official site

3 comments:

Justin said...

Hey.

Actually Monster stated that there is only 135 mg Caffeine in Absolutely Zero Monsters 16 oz.

Caffeine King said...

Wow, for some reason I thought it was 160 mg.

Matt said...

The regular monster has 160mg of caffeine. :)

All logos and trademarks in this site are property of their respective owner. I do not take responsibility for any contents linked or referred to on my guest book/weblog. Photos are either mine or owned by their credited sources. All my photos are free to use without permission. If you see a picture that is yours and do not want it here, just email me and it will be removed.