Monday, October 3, 2022

Mtn Dew VooDew 2022 Soda Review

This is the year- yes, the year Mtn Dew's somehow annual "VooDew" brand takes on the most classic of Halloween flavors: candy corn. How do I know? I do not, but come on, there had to be public outcry! Anyway, the bottle is what you expect from the company, more orange this time around, so actually hold up- maybe it will be PSL-inspired?

Well darn, this ain't candy corn flavored! Instead it is hyper-saccharine apple, lemon and melon with a sourness that rivals most anything in your average trick-or-treat bag. Not even two sips in and your mouth is engulfed by syrup, weighed down to the point of distraction, distraction from the rather pleasant fruitiness and its sweet/tart depiction. And further gulps only add to its grip on your palate, and before you know it, you are just drinking mouthfuls of thick honey without the honey taste. But that first imbibe, wow, that was pleasant, but now here I am, half a bottle depleted and my belt undone, so obviously gaining weight from the 270 calories per bottle, the needless carbohydrates clearly not interested in allowing me to slip easily into my Halloween costume this year.

This is a soda, and your diet be damned, because this does not give soft drinks a good name. What else am I to say? That I like the feeling of consuming so many empty carbs and calories? There is no curiosity here. Overall, Mtn Dew VooDew 2022 is frightening only when you read the ingredients label.

company site

No comments:

All logos and trademarks in this site are property of their respective owner. I do not take responsibility for any contents linked or referred to on my guest book/weblog. Photos are either mine or owned by their credited sources. All my photos are free to use without permission. If you see a picture that is yours and do not want it here, just email me and it will be removed.