Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Starbucks doubleshot Mocha

One of the more popular coffee flavours is mocha. So it makes sense that so many energy coffee's have mocha varieties. So when Starbucks came out with a mocha variety, nobody was surprised. But personally, mocha has never been my favorite coffee flavour. My loves always been to french vanilla(or french Canadian vanilla), but as we all know, Starbucks Vanilla was just average. But how will Mocha, the last flavoured energy coffee I have, turn out?

FIRST IMPRESSION: The can is the best of all the Starbucks doubleshot so far, but then again, that isn't saying too much. Its still got the sketchy tentacle(rape) lady on the front, the weird two(2) stars in a box... thing under the... sketchy tentacle(rape) lady. So overall, the front of the can's got some fucked up things going on. And according to the back label, "Starbucks doubleshot Mocha is a powerful, great tasting brew B Vitamins, guarana, ginseng, and all natural proteins from milk." Wow, Starbucks some how created a way to brew vitamins. They're more advance than Apple...3.2/5

TASTE: I cracked open the top and took a sip. Your greeted by a much more "coffee" flavour than other Starbuck flavours. The flavour starts out like a bitter, burned coffee, but then a smooth mocha flavour starts to take over. Imagine a coffee made by burned beans with the addition of mocha. Overall, the bitter and burned taste is a too overbearing, making it hard to drink in large sips. But, then again, that makes it like real coffee. You enjoy the occasional sip, not the sudden taste of chugging. But overall, I'd say its my least favorite coffee variant from Starbucks. It seems like every Starbucks I try, is worse than the last. I can only imagine what the last flavour, original, is gonna taste like. Overall, the flavours pretty bad, but luckily, it gets better sip after sip, so now wits just decent...3/5

KICK: Espresso Coffee, Sugar, Taurine, Natural Flavor, Panax Ginseng Root, Guarana, Riboflavin, Vitamin A, and Vitamin D3 is each can. One(1) thing that Starbucks has not been able to do is give me a wicked buzz, and Starbucks Mocha is no different. While I was perked up, and felt some mild jitters, overall, a little above standard buzz. Frankly, the kicks associated with the Starbucks line has been rather unimpressive. Since Starbucks has been around for so many years, and is the largest coffee chain in the world, I was expecting something a little better. Though I really can't complain, the kick was no where as bad as Stacker 2 Xtra Extreme Energy, but not as powerful as Power Trip Mango...3.9/5

FINEL WORD: Overall, I find that Starbucks doubleshot Mocha is a pretty decent drink, but, just, decent. After three(3) Starbuck varieties, I really can't say that I'm at all excited to try the last flavour, original. Though on the bright side, after the "original" flavour, I can finally say that I'm done with the Starbucks, at least until they make more flavours. But who knows, maybe the last flavour will catch me off guard and be great. Who knows? The Amazing Prophet Philip that's who...3.2/5

official site

No comments:

All logos and trademarks in this site are property of their respective owner. I do not take responsibility for any contents linked or referred to on my guest book/weblog. Photos are either mine or owned by their credited sources. All my photos are free to use without permission. If you see a picture that is yours and do not want it here, just email me and it will be removed.