Monday, March 16, 2009

Unbound Energy + Juice

Big Lots has once again brought me another popular of energy drink that I could never find for the discount price of $.60. Unbound energy is a drink that numerous people around my school drink, but sadly those mean pricks don't share... Anyway, I could only find Unbound Energy + Juice, so that's the only Unbound I'm gonna be able to review...

FIRST IMPRESSION: The can to Unbound Energy + Juice, I feel, is only decent. I know its going for the hard core look, but it simply falls flat on its can. I do like the weird blade thing around the "U," as it adds some badass-ness to it, but it sadly looks out of place on the rust-look can...3/5

TASTE:
I opened the can and took a sip. The flavour is best described as a Red Bull clone base, with some mango, apple, pear, and pineapple mixed in. The mango, apple are more noticeable, leaving only a faint trail of pineapple and pear more towards the end. Its not overly sweet nor tart. Surprisingly, it goes down smooth. Overall, the flavour's not half bad, and kinda reminds me of Joker Juiced, though not as good...3.2/5

KICK: Each can contains: Carbonated water, sucrose, fruit juice concentrates (water, pear, apple, pineapple,passionfruit juice concentrates), glucose, taurine, sodium citrate, This mix of ingredients gave me a pretty wicked buzz. I felt wide awake and rather jittery. The buzz lasted around four to five hours, until I almost collapsed of exhaustion. Overall, the buzz's the high light of the drink...4.4/5

FINAL WORD: Overall, I feel that Unbound Energy + Juice is only a decent drink at best. The only the reason I'd drink it again is for a quick, cheap buzz. Upon further inspecting of the web, I found that Unbound is a Hansen product, the makers of ...lost, Joker, Ace, Monster, and there own energy line. How many freakin' lines of energy drinks does one company need? Most of them taste similar to one another, so I've concluded that all Hansen cares about is money. Which is weird because its gotta be the worlds first greedy health food company...3.5/5

official site

No comments:

All logos and trademarks in this site are property of their respective owner. I do not take responsibility for any contents linked or referred to on my guest book/weblog. Photos are either mine or owned by their credited sources. All my photos are free to use without permission. If you see a picture that is yours and do not want it here, just email me and it will be removed.