Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Mtn Dew Game Fuel Wild Fruit flavored Alliance Blue

Though I've never considered Mtn Dew an energy drink(nor do I consider amp an energy drink), but since I reviewed the original Mtn Dew Game Fuel back in 2007, I figured it was only fair to review the new Game Fuel flavours, starting with Mtn Dew Game Fuel Wild Fruit flavored Alliance Blue. Mtn Dew Alliance Blue is one of the two new limited edition flavours, the other being Citrus Cherry flavored Horde Red, and if its different from the original Mtn Dew Game Fuel, I'll hopefully get around to reviewing. Now since Mtn Dew Alliance Blue is not labeled as an energy drink, I'm going to modify my regular review style.

FIRST IMPRESSION: The can is obviously influenced by WoW, which is great for fans(cough* addicts* cough), but for every one else, you feel embarrassed holding it in general. But the good side of things, I like the blue/black background. It fits the Mtn Dew logo surprisingly well. Overall, the can, while it may have many fan boys sold on its fan service, for any one else(and arguably any one will any sense), the can is just an ugly cluttered mess...2/5

TASTE: I opened the can and took a sip. The flavour starts out a light berry/grape hybrid, that soon fades, leaving an almost cold feeling in my mouth. The berry flavour is mostly dull blue raspberry, while the grape flavour is well, grape. The berry is definitely the dominant flavour, as the grape isn't too noticeable. There's a slight sweet sting towards the end, but nothing major. Overall, I like the flavour of Mtn Dew Wild Fruit, and surprisingly its better tasting than most in the amp line...3.9/5

Nutrition: Each can contains: forty six grams of sugar, 170 calories, forty six total carbs, sixty mg of sodium, citric acid, natural flavouring, red forty, BVO, and seventy three mg of caffeine. Though the caffeine content is quite impressive over most sodas, Mtn Dew Alliance Blue is pretty bad for you. The sugar content is pretty high, as forty six grams of sugar is more than a third a cup of sugar(or over three table spoons), so anyone concerned with their health should probably avoid picking up Mtn Dew Alliance Blue...1.7/5

FINAL WORD: Overall Mtn Dew Alliance Blue is a pretty good extension to the popular Mtn Dew line. I can't see myself drinking this everyday, but just on the taste alone I can see myself drinking this once a week or so. If your health conscious, I can't recommend Mtn Dew Alliance Blue, but if your one of those people just out there to enjoy life, I say buy, if cheap, Mtn Dew Alliance Blue...3.4/5

official site

No comments:

All logos and trademarks in this site are property of their respective owner. I do not take responsibility for any contents linked or referred to on my guest book/weblog. Photos are either mine or owned by their credited sources. All my photos are free to use without permission. If you see a picture that is yours and do not want it here, just email me and it will be removed.