Saturday, September 5, 2009

Venom Death Adder Fruit Punch

After two energy candy reviews, I felt like going back to what I review best, energy drinks. And after receiving a coupon for a free(up to $2.29) can of Venom, I decided to go with a rather new flavour, Death Adder, which is supposed to be fruit punch. Now, in the past I've found the Venom line to be pretty mediocre, so I can't say that I'm terribly excited to review Venom Adder, but since fruit punch is a pretty easy flavour to pull off I'm not expecting the worst.

FIRST IMPRESSION:
The can to Venom Death Adder uses the same tired and true design that was widely praised before, but with less success. First off the colour(orange) doesn't fit the design nor the indicated flavour well. When I think of fruit punch I think of red not orange. Second, I feel that they should do away with the "Death Adder" sub name. The can is obviously inspired by snakes, so it seems unnecessary. Other than those complaints the can is still much better than most on the market.

TASTE: I opened the can and took a sip. The flavour is hard to describe. It starts out a blend of various fruits, namely guava, orange, cherry, passion fruit, pineapple, lemon and lime. The guava and passion fruit start the flavour and moderately fades into a mixture of orange, cherry, and pineapple. Once the latter blend stays in your mouth for a while, the lemon and lime finish the flavour and are accompanied by a sweet bite. The flavour to Venom Punch isn't very sweet or tart, which I feel works well in their favor. The taste is actually great, which is surprising given the lines history.

KICK: Each sixteen.nine oz can contains: 160mg of caffeine, 240 calories, Taurine, guarana, 200% of your daily intake of Riboflavin, Niacin, Vit. B6, Vit. B12, and 200mg of ginseng. This blend of ingredients gave me a pretty standard kick. While I didn't feel like bouncing off the walls I was noticeably more awake and I was more alert. This lasted around three or so hours. All in all, the buzz could be improved.

FINAL WORDE: From start to finish I feel that Venom Death Adder is an above average energy drink. While the can could use some work and the kick is in need of a re-formulation, the taste is strong enough to save this drink from failing. Actually, I feel that Venom Punch is one of the best tasting punch energy drink I've ever had. Venom Punch overall was a smooth ride that sadly had some bumps along the way. All in all, if your looking for a great tasting energy punch and don't want to go crazy with a powerful kick, then Venom Death Adder is worth a buy...3.5/5

Official site

1 comment:

Muhammad al Fujad said...

you're fucking stupid

All logos and trademarks in this site are property of their respective owner. I do not take responsibility for any contents linked or referred to on my guest book/weblog. Photos are either mine or owned by their credited sources. All my photos are free to use without permission. If you see a picture that is yours and do not want it here, just email me and it will be removed.