Monday, September 7, 2009

Moxie Zero Carb Thunder

I said in my re-review of Moxie Energy that, and I quote,

"If Cornucopia really wants to get there foot in the door in the energy drink market, there gonna have to give the flavour a change into something much more unique..."

For months it seemed that Cornucopia Beverages wanted nothing more but to make a drink with a tired and true flavour, until a recent tip to Shaws changed my mind. I saw two new zero carb Moxie flavours on sale for $1.50, Thunder(blueberry/cranberry) and Explosion(fruit punch). Now, since I don't want to review two fruit punches in a row, I'm starting with Thunder.

FIRST IMPRESSION: The can to Moxie Zero Carb Thunder is a mixed bag. While I like the blue liquid rippling water effect, I don't like the large "Moxie" logo. Taking up a third+ of the can is too much and too distracting. Personally I would of preferred if Cornucopia would just rename this drink to "T Energy Thunder." Well, maybe that isn't such a good idea because people would end up calling it "Cross Energy." Either way, the can is alright as it is, but at the same time it could benefit from some work.

TASTE: I cracked open the can and took a sip. The flavour starts out a tart blue berry that goes away rather quickly leaving a slight cranberry taste behind. The cranberry taste is brief, which is a disappointment as you don't see many cranberry flavoured energy drinks. The whole flavour is finished by a heavy carbonation and a sour bite, both of which make taking large gulps hard. For a drink called "Thunder" you would expect the flavour to be in your face and vibrant, but instead it is mellow to the point of being dull. One thing that amazes me about the flavour is that there is no sugar free aftertaste. This explains the lack of sweetness through out the drink. Overall, Moxie Thunder is a decent tasting zero carb energy drink that I feel would be better if it was sugared.

KICK: Each can contains: caffeine, Taurine, forty mg of exocyan cran, 100% of your daily intake of Pantothenic Acid, 380% of your daily intake of Vit. B6, 360% of your daily intake of Vit. B12, 200% of your daily intake of Vit. C, Niacin, and twenty mg of L-Carnitine, Yerba Mate, and green tea. This overall blend if ingredients gave me a pretty good buzz. For around three to four hours I felt awake and my alertness went up. After the three to four hours I didn't revive any crash, which is an improvement from the original.

FINAL WERD: Overall, I feel that Moxie Zero Carb Thunder is a decent energy drink. While the experience could of been better, it could of certainly of been worse. If there was one thing that I would like to see improved it would be the taste. While not bad, the taste was dull and didn't do the sub name "Thunder" justice. That aside Moxie Thunder Zero is still a decent choice for someone looking for a way to get some good energy with out expanding their waist line...3/5

No comments:

All logos and trademarks in this site are property of their respective owner. I do not take responsibility for any contents linked or referred to on my guest book/weblog. Photos are either mine or owned by their credited sources. All my photos are free to use without permission. If you see a picture that is yours and do not want it here, just email me and it will be removed.