Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Max-E Rush Energy Drink Review

For a generic energy drink from Save-a-Lot Foods that sells for around $.99, Max-E Rush's can isn't half bad. The gray background with silver freckles looks good with the aggressive font the "Max-E" uses, and looks decent with the font the "Rush" and "Energy Drink" uses. But the full name is "Max-E Rush," which is just cumbersome to say. Personally, I would have of stuck with either "max" or "rush," because tying the two together isn't as intimidating as it could have been.

Initially, the flavour consists of a sickly sweetness that's not gummy; blended with a fairly tart bubble gum and a partially sour vanilla hybrid. Both flavours are light, but the vanilla is so light it borderlines being a note. The tartness then weakens, allowing the bubble gum to adopt the sourness from the rapidly declining vanilla. Taking place of the vanilla, a subtle artificial apple taste surfaces, and begins to conjoin with the bubble gum, but it never successfully becomes a braid. The low carbonation instills the liquid as being easy to sip, and results in the already mild finish to become crippled. The experience has an overall essence of an orange/tangerine cross that's moderately noticeable in the sugary sweet coating left lining your mouth. Although it's essentially a Red Bull clone, Max-E Rush was rather refreshing despite its over sweetness, and is one of the better tasting knockoffs I've had in a while.

Max-E Rush certainly didn't provide a maximum rush. For two and a half hours I had a measurable amount of energy. There was slight jitters, and while there was no crash, it was evident I wasn't as energized. Each can contains: caffeine, taurine, inositol, l-carnitine, guarana, vitamin C, and several B vitamins. Overall, Max-E Rush is one of those mediocre energy drinks that you buy once, finish it, and forget it entirely.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've had that drink it is pretty good but too much sugar and I'm sad it wasn't in diet. Oh well, I don't drink it everyday. Thought it tasted like RockStar.

boxer said...

$$ El Chuco Town $$
Lived in kansas for 9 yrs, and drank it every day. Came back 2 my home town El Paso Tx. and still drink it. I Guerrero ask family members from Kansas to buy me at least $20 dollar's worth of rush drinks every time they visit. Rush and rockstars r the only energy drinks I drink. $$ GUERRERO $$

All logos and trademarks in this site are property of their respective owner. I do not take responsibility for any contents linked or referred to on my guest book/weblog. Photos are either mine or owned by their credited sources. All my photos are free to use without permission. If you see a picture that is yours and do not want it here, just email me and it will be removed.