Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Diablo Energy Strips Review


Inside the pictured pack of Diablo Energy Strips is a smaller container in the fashion of those Listerine Pocket Pack Mints, and it, unlike the sachet, adds the term "Ice" to the name. This confused me in whether or not to use it in the name, and ultimately, I chose not to. Diablo's packet looks adequate enough, but the text is abundant and needlessly busies the design. It partially succeeds in its attempt at aggressiveness, but the ample excess of words like "energy," which is stated a superfluous four times, and the large size of such are the main reason for the incomplete accomplishment.

Although initially slimy with a slight herbal bitterness, Diablo thankfully and rapidly dissolves and its flavour mutates to a strong menthol influenced cinnamon. The latter's actual taste is a refreshing cinnamon that has heavy frontal qualities to both spear and peppermint. What I described as menthol is a strong sensation that dwells mostly near your throat, if not the back of your visible tongue, and with each strip consumed in short succession of one another this feeling mellows and becomes more palatable. The aftertaste is pleasant and positively minty, with less focus on cinnamon than the initial taste. This closing mint flavour consists largely of spearmint, with the peppermint supporting it as a note, and the calmed menthol acts wholly complementing. Overall, Diablo Energy Strips taste vastly similar to most other mint strips, minus the initial herb flavour, and personally I found each strip to be enjoyable.

Each strip contains: caffeine(twenty five mg), guarana, and ginseng. Since I'm used to 200 or so mg of caffeine, I ate eight strips total, in sequence, and my energy level raised steadily, but altogether it never really peaked high or struck me hard. The buzz was moderate in strength and lasted three plus hours. It was jitter free and I didn't crash. Overall, Diablo Energy Strips are a unique way to consume caffeine, and while I feel a few tweaks could do a lot of good, it never felt or became gimmicky.

official site

No comments:

All logos and trademarks in this site are property of their respective owner. I do not take responsibility for any contents linked or referred to on my guest book/weblog. Photos are either mine or owned by their credited sources. All my photos are free to use without permission. If you see a picture that is yours and do not want it here, just email me and it will be removed.