Thursday, May 7, 2009

Euphoric Energy Raspberry/Strawberry

One of the most interesting line of energy drinks I've encountered lately is the Euphoric Energy line. Each flavour has been something totally unique and different from any other energy drink out there, and to no surprise, they released a raspberry flavour. Raspberry, to me, has always been an unappreciated flavour in energy drinks, so its a great surprise to finally find one, even if it's paired with strawberry.

FIRST IMPRESSION: While the can design of Euphoric Energy has been a mixed bag, I feel that Euphoric Rasp/Straw is the best out of all of them. The dark red on the velvet-like pattern behind the still weird "e" thing really work well together, even if the name still bothers me. Overall, the can looks great and unlike Banana/Strawberry, leaves me wanting to crack open the can and chug.

TASTE:
I opened the can and the smell of Stoked After Burn filled my nose with a curtain sweetness that makes the back of your throat stiff. The flavour is best described as light strawberry that is only there briefly before it leaves your mouth completely. Its mildly sweet and goes down smoothly. There is no raspberry flavour to account for, which despite being a huge disappointment, doesn't necessarily mean the flavours bad. The flavour is actually quite good. Though I can't see the flavour winning any awards, its still a good flavour and makes a great thirst quencher.

KICK: Each can contains: 140mg of Caffeine, 1200mg of Taurine, fifty mg of Ginseng, eighty mg of Damiana, sixty mg of Maca Root Extract, and 100mg Suma Root Extract. This combination of ingredients gave me an unimpressive kick. For only about three or so hours, I had a mildly raised alertness, and mental lift. No crash though, which seems to be a a reoccurring theme with the Euphoric line.

FINAL WORD: Overall, I feel that Euphoric Energy Raspberry/Strawberry is one of the best Euphoric energy drinks so far. While the kick is a disappointment, the can and taste make up for it. The whole Euphoric line has been good to great, in terms of taste. But in the can and kick category, they tend to fail, and they tend to fail miserably. Though I can't say that I'd recommend Euphoric Energy Raspberry/Strawberry to somebody looking for a powerful drink housed in a urban can, but if your looking for a good tasting energy drink in an attractive can, give Euphoric Raspberry/Strawberry a try, hell, try it even if its full price...3.8/5

official site

No comments:

All logos and trademarks in this site are property of their respective owner. I do not take responsibility for any contents linked or referred to on my guest book/weblog. Photos are either mine or owned by their credited sources. All my photos are free to use without permission. If you see a picture that is yours and do not want it here, just email me and it will be removed.