Friday, December 4, 2009

Sport Energy Raspberry Cream

About a month and a half ago, I attempted reviewing the final Sport Energy flavour my local Big Lots carried, Raspberry Cream, but after many hours spent trying to finish the review, I was left unhappy with the final product. So I've decided to completely trash the review and start from scratch. Like I said in my Doo Drop review, the line has since been re-imaged, and Raspberry Cream is, I believe, one of the flavours that has been ported over from the previous line. Now, I've never had the original Raspberry Cream, so I have no clue if the flavour has changed.

FIRST IMPRESSION: Both the revamped can and the original can are laughably bad, but I find the new can to be worse because it looks like they tried too hard. The pink colour seems mismatched with the lightning, and the overall design is getting rather old. I personally despise HFCS in beverages, so I'm glad Sport Rasp uses real sugar. All in all, the can is largely forgettable and, wait, what was I talking about?

TASTE: I opened the can and took a sip. The flavour starts out a rich raspberry that is light on your mouth. Then a short burst of sweetness and carbonation appears, allowing a hush creaminess to loom into experience. The creaminess is quickly overthrown by a pleasant strawberry. The strawberry taste is candy-like, but never overly sweet. The whole flavour ends with a mild cranberry and an abridged strawberry blend. The texture of Rasp Cream is mildly grainy, but it istead of ruining the flavour, it adds to the complexity. Overall, Sport Raspberry Cream's taste is immersive and beautifully crafted.

KICK: Each can contains: 160mg of caffeine, 2000mg of Taurine, ten mg of guarana, 400% of your daily intake of Vit. B6, sixty mg of Glucuronolactone, ten mg of ginseng, and 200% of your daily intake of Vit. B5, B12, and Niacin. This blend of ingredients gave me a pretty average buzz. Though the kick was sustained and smooth, it only lasted around three or so hours.

FINALL WORDE: I hoped Sport Raspberry Cream would redeem the line after the disappointing Mango Cream, but sadly the magical energy drink genie didn't grant my wish. You can tell that Rasp Cream had some real time spent on it during development. They really tried to create something truly special, but they only half way did that. It seems like they spent most of their time on the taste, and that the can and kick were last minute thoughts. Overall, Sport Raspberry Cream may of had the seeds of success, but sadly they were never watered...3.3/5

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Where can I get it now?

All logos and trademarks in this site are property of their respective owner. I do not take responsibility for any contents linked or referred to on my guest book/weblog. Photos are either mine or owned by their credited sources. All my photos are free to use without permission. If you see a picture that is yours and do not want it here, just email me and it will be removed.