Thursday, February 25, 2010

24:7 Cherry Berry Re-Review

The 24:7 line, to my knowledge, has is discontinued from Walgreen's, so for a while now they've been flooding the shelves at Big Lots, and even though I've already reviewed Cherry Berry, I bought a can for re-review. Speaking of the can, while the design remains a mirrored image of the others, it I feel the black and red is the best colour scheme in the line. While the combo is rather common among energy drinks, it's common because it looks good. Like Green Apple before it, the little fruit icon clashes with the rest of the can, but it's not enough to destroy its appeal.

When I took a sip of Cherry Berry, I was immediately reminded of Cintron Cranberry Splash. The main focus is cherry, though Cherry Berry taste's a bit less real and more candy-like. It's initially a mildly rough cherry with an almost syrupy sweet overtone. It slowly and subtly turns into more of a tart cranberry, with notes of raspberry and lemon trailing behind. The experience ends quicker than I would of thought or liked, but it finishes with a half sweet and half tart bite that doesn't overwhelm. It leaves a thick film along with a slight cherry taste in your mouth, but it acts like an aftertaste that you'll enjoy instead of despise. In the end, 24:7 Cherry Berry's taste is enjoyable, but it's not wholly original and is a bit too sweet.

Cherry Berry uses the same energy cocktail past flavours have used, and the result is more or less the same. Jitters came and went, and while I did receive some energy, it lasted only around two hours, and it ended in a sugar crash. The ingredient highlights are: Taurine, 160mg of Caffeine, Pantothenic Acid, Vit. B12, Niacin, and Vit. B6. Overall, Cherry Berry is an adequate energy drink that's less of an energy drink, and more of a sugared no juice, juice drink.

official site

No comments:

All logos and trademarks in this site are property of their respective owner. I do not take responsibility for any contents linked or referred to on my guest book/weblog. Photos are either mine or owned by their credited sources. All my photos are free to use without permission. If you see a picture that is yours and do not want it here, just email me and it will be removed.