Friday, July 16, 2010

True Colors Original Energy Drink Review

The last variety I know of in the True Colors line is Original, which sounds like the flavour will be a variation of the "original" energy drink; Red Bull. And since previous Prilab clones have been absolutely terrible, True Colors Original doesn't have me all too excited. The can is consistent with its sibling, but I'm mixed with the silver colour. While it does give a bit of a techno vibe that I really kinda like, it also look a bit dreary and bleak. And while the coloured letters in "Colors" make an attempt to counter the silver, they just end up looking forced and mismatched.

Although I was right that True Colors Original is a Red Bull clone, it beats out not only the companies previous clones, but many recent clones as well. It begins gentle with a soft though syrupy sweetness that's delightful tartness crosses well with the syrupiness. In the back end of the prior is a blend of faintly gummy vanilla and sugary apple; both of which seal the flavours fate of being labeled a clone. The apple has an almost mushy, grainy consistency that's reminiscent of apple sauce, but it's very light, so it adds only slight complexity. The experience ends with a crisp bite of tartness and sweet vanilla, and following is an unpleasant though unsurprising syrupy coating. Overall, while True Colors Original's taste was far from original, it was also far from unenjoyable. It was much more mellow and much less cloying than some, if not most counterfeit flavours.

Caffeine, taurine, burnt sugar, inositol, and a variety of B vitamins make up most of True Colors Original's energy blend, and I use the term energy blend loosely. I only had energy for around two hours before I crashed mildly. Overall, True Colors Original may narrowly impress me in terms of taste and can impression, but it's still far from a well designed and thoroughly thought out energy drink.

official site

No comments:

All logos and trademarks in this site are property of their respective owner. I do not take responsibility for any contents linked or referred to on my guest book/weblog. Photos are either mine or owned by their credited sources. All my photos are free to use without permission. If you see a picture that is yours and do not want it here, just email me and it will be removed.