Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Red Strike Energy Drink Review

I was surprised to find a stocked shelf at Wal Mart of Red Strike, but I was even more surprised when I saw that they retailed for only forty eight cents, which is probably the cheapest price I've ever seen a single sixteen oz. energy drink sell for. Like with a few previous drinks, the name sports the word "Red" in a vain attempt to leach off of Red Bull's success, and while it's an overused cliche, the can it appears on doesn't look too bad. It's clean and the colours of the colour scheme all blend well with one another. It's simple, and while it does borderline boring, it's an improvement over the last Cott drink I had, Red Rain.

Red Strike begins with a premature climax of syrupy sweetness that immediately leads to a pronounced pineapple that disregards any level of naturalism in favour of a chemical-like body. A sugarless syrupiness suddenly capstones below the pineapple and emits a strong gumminess that negatively influences much of the experience. Notes of sour apple soon follow, and its sourness rapidly grows and quickly abandons it and instead rises up and garnishes the initial pineapple. Bedrock to the prior fruit is a layer of sweetness, vanilla and then bubble gum. The latter two act as notes and the above sweetness trickles down slowly. There's now a declining progression to the flavour, in which all the aforementioned shaves away, leaving only a faint core of tartness and an abridged aftertaste of what has past. Overall, Red Strike's flavour was much like any cheap Red Bull clone; uninspired.

Red Strike's ingredient cocktail contains your typical: caffeine, taurine, inositol, and several B vitamins. I had a decent rush that lasted around three hours, which is when I crashed fairly hard. In the end, while Red Strike is nothing but more familiar nonsense in the energy drink market, I do at least feel that my forty eight cents went as far as it could.

official site

No comments:

All logos and trademarks in this site are property of their respective owner. I do not take responsibility for any contents linked or referred to on my guest book/weblog. Photos are either mine or owned by their credited sources. All my photos are free to use without permission. If you see a picture that is yours and do not want it here, just email me and it will be removed.