Saturday, December 10, 2011

Tweaker Berry Energy Shot Review

Many of times have I seen Tweaker Berry, or one of its line brethren, sport a huge "99 cent" price tag, yet the packaging itself calls for it retailing for an additional dollar. Why merchants shy away and mark the shot down could be for any number of reasons, but it does seem like a waste of space on the actual bottle. Granted, the company may not know how much retailers charge for their products, but you can't tell me someone from marketing hasn't ever stepped into a convenience store.

This Tweaker is the sourest of them all, at least of the one that I've reviewed, and unfortunately it's paired off with the shot's hyper saccharinity, one that's equally as syrupy and almost cloyingly so. There is a flavour to be witnessed here, yes, one obviously of berry, however the blend is dull despite all the acidity and sweetness. No single fruit is the focus, instead we're exposed to a lackadaisical monkey mash of blue, black, and raspberry, all underdeveloped and insultingly emotionless. But with a shot, simplicity isn't much of a fault, as they're designed for rapid consumption, so Tweaker Berry really isn't all that bad, especially since you can painlessly finish it in just a few sips.

Each bottle contains a decent selection of various herbs, chemicals, extracts and stuff, including unknown quantities of caffeine. The energy cocktail kicks well enough, three hours if generous, and there wasn't any of the feared side effects. All in all, Tweaker Berry is a functional shot who's bitterless taste and cheap price outweigh many of its quirks.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm addicted. Buy them by the box a few times a week. Granted, I drink 3 or 4 a day but they're all I'll buy.

Anonymous said...

Tweakin maaan! Getn geeked for a buck doesnt feel safe...

Anonymous said...

This stuff put me in the hospital.

Anonymous said...

This stuff is awesomeee.!

Anonymous said...

One word...moderation.follow the directions

Anonymous said...

Super energy increase without the fall. Reasonably priced and definitely effective. I buy them by the box and drink one a day usually after lunch for the quick "pick me up."

Anonymous said...

I buy two cases a week they are all I drink for work plus add a red Bull into the mix and I am good for my shift at work. They work really well if your in the medical field to help you stay awake on the grave yard shift or long road trips.

Unknown said...

Do they make you act differently

Anonymous said...

No. they don't make you act differently. Ive been using 6-8 a week for the last 10 years... (I work overnights at a crisis house), but I admit, I don't drink them to stay awake. Caffeine doesn't do that for me. I drink one when I have a headache. (I get Migraines at LEAST 2x a week... have since I was 6) BUT the caffeine in tweaker takes the edge off, and lets me function. Funny thing is, "5-hour Energy" doesn't work.. only tweaker does. and for 99 cents instead of 2 for $5... guess which I buy by the case.... :) "My momma didn't raise no fools"....

Unknown said...

i thought i was the only one i been drinkin them for ten years now im addicted cant walk in the store with out the clerk saying 'you want one or two tweakers today' with me not sayin one word low key tho i thinkin it help me thru covid i had it twice and thank god im okay

All logos and trademarks in this site are property of their respective owner. I do not take responsibility for any contents linked or referred to on my guest book/weblog. Photos are either mine or owned by their credited sources. All my photos are free to use without permission. If you see a picture that is yours and do not want it here, just email me and it will be removed.