Sunday, July 28, 2019

Hyde Power Potion Winter Blast Energy Drink Review

These "Bang"-style energy drinks are newest gimmick in town, but with Hyde Power Potion arriving at my local Big Lots, the market is officially flooded. The can is inoffensive, I suppose, but its all silver color scheme is a bit boring to look at, and with source material like "Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde," you would hope that there would be some duality in the design or something; there is no reason for this to tie into the classic novella by name alone.

I have reviewed dozens and dozens of drinks found on the clearance shelves of Big Lots, but this easily ranks as one of the worst. There is no indication what kind of flavor "Winter Blast" is anywhere on the can, but I am a sip or two in so let me give it a shot: lime, vanilla, and aggressive artificial sweetener. It is tough to sip, the synthetic saccharinity punching through your teeth and antagonizing your palate; the citrus and spice become so lost within the palate-clogging tastes and aftertastes of the sucralose. Every sip after your first tastes like you started sucking on one of those yellow packets at a coffee shop; it is an experience I will not soon forget, for all the wrong reasons.

Each can contains 350 milligrams of caffeine, which almost makes up for the awful taste. The buzz is ludacris, lasting four and a half hours long, though the sugar-free aftertaste may still be lingering in your mouth. I have a lot of energy products on my desk and in my fridge still waiting for review, and I am kinda pissed I chose Hyde Winter Blast over, well, any of them.

official site

No comments:

All logos and trademarks in this site are property of their respective owner. I do not take responsibility for any contents linked or referred to on my guest book/weblog. Photos are either mine or owned by their credited sources. All my photos are free to use without permission. If you see a picture that is yours and do not want it here, just email me and it will be removed.