Saturday, April 2, 2022

Punch'd Energy Gummies Review

Gummies are not the most common delivery method for caffeine, but sitting coyly at my local gas station was Punch'd. Though the platinum pouch produces only ten pieces, it sports a resealable top, which is a nice touch and shows a lot of care went into the product. Visually, it is about what you would expect from an energy candy, looking as hardcore as any but with far too much text towards the bottom.

The company's website lists six flavors: lime, orange, peach, grape, apple and of course, fruit punch('d), but after an easy tear of the packaging out pours six (six!) of the lattermost flavor. Where is the consistency!? 

The sole apple piece had a strong homogenized appearance, with a touch of tartness but hits the tongue like the cheapest juice. Fruit punch is an indistinct mashing of tropical favorites, mostly guava, pineapple and cherry, but the minimal time it spends on the palate offers it very little personality outside its obvious indulgences. Grape does taste like the little purple pod, being both a bit sweeter and a bit more bold than the others- I wished my satchel procured more than just a single gummy here. The final two that plopped out from the bag were lime, leaning heavy into the citrus' inherit sourness. There is a satisfying chew as your teeth sink into the sugar-crusted gem, holding stiff against your chompers and mouth's general heat. Due to the involvement of caffeine, there is a touch of bitterness that creeps through the saccharine bliss, but popping in another morsel mostly melts away any astringency.

The buzz, thanks to 100 milligrams of my namesake chemical, was a solid if unspectacular two hours. Yet, who knows if any more stimulant would have negatively impacted the taste? Overall, I wish I could have fairly approach Punch'd, but without being able to sample each fruit the company offers, my opinion is incomplete and my impression sullied.

official site

No comments:

All logos and trademarks in this site are property of their respective owner. I do not take responsibility for any contents linked or referred to on my guest book/weblog. Photos are either mine or owned by their credited sources. All my photos are free to use without permission. If you see a picture that is yours and do not want it here, just email me and it will be removed.