Friday, April 21, 2023

Snickers Iced Coffee by Victor Allen's Review

In the world of ready-to-drink coffees, Victor Allen's is not exactly in the same league as Starbucks. But they are apparently big enough to land a license like the popular candy bar Snickers, but so what? This tall glass bottle may prominently feature the proper brands and products, but discount store shoppers like me recognize that large "V" logo as something other than a symbol of quality.

That stupid plastic wrap around the lid was a pain to get off, but I did it. I must be stronger than I look, I know. The scent is spot-on, smelling of roasted nuts with whiffs of cocoa, but man, that first sip, woof. The dairy tastes turned, not rotten but more like a day past the expiration date, but this unpleasantness lasts only a moment or two before all you can taste is sweetness. It is unnecessary yes, but it is better than the alternative there. It never resembles caramel, you know, one of the major aspects of the candy bar, but whatever. There is hardly any chocolate to taste, little of the mocha promised by the confection, but there is plenty of nuttiness. It is a simple flavor however, and a bit of saltiness would have gone a long way in defending against the saccharinity.

I have no idea how much caffeine is here, but that does not stop me from reporting the hour and a half long buzz I got. It felt more like a long sugar-rush, but I ain't complaining. Overall, Victor Allen's Snickers Iced Coffee is a few pegs below mediocre.

company site

No comments:

All logos and trademarks in this site are property of their respective owner. I do not take responsibility for any contents linked or referred to on my guest book/weblog. Photos are either mine or owned by their credited sources. All my photos are free to use without permission. If you see a picture that is yours and do not want it here, just email me and it will be removed.