Sunday, October 29, 2023

Mtn Dew VooDew 2023 Soda Review

I do not know about you, but I am tired of twenty ounce soft drinks with 270 calories! Those could, I dunno, go towards a complete balanced breakfast! But here Mtn Dew is, back with their annual "VooDew" variant, and if this year's diet version is any indication, this is going to be a pretty bad time. I will say that I like the label, going all in with the kitschy Halloween aesthetic, with greens and pinks and blacks. Is it busy? Oh hell yeah, but I do like looking at it.

The cloudy white elixir smells like Bomb Pops, and first sip results in something not too far from that scent. Lime, cherry and grape appear all mushed together, a Frankenstein of a fruit that has none of the complexity any of those three could have independently. Instead, Mtn Dew takes probably the only logical route with the soda, going hog-wild with sweetness. Oh gosh is this sweet, it is saccharine to the point of nausea, with seventy three grams of high fructose corn syrup. That is almost 150% intake of added sugar, for those health-conscious crazy people who think that using some artificial sugars, to help get that number down to something resembling reason, would somehow be worse for you. Yeah, because the human body was designed to digest all those carbs. (Note to readers: I am not a licensed medical professional, so please get your health advise elsewhere.) Anyway, This is not the worst VooDew that Mtn Dew has designed, but boy, am I tired of having to exercise off their drinks.

What else is there to say about a sweetened carbonated liquid? Well, I was less thirsty after consumption, I suppose that is something. Anyway, Mtn Dew VooDew 2023 is likely to have fans salivating with excitement for next year's version, but it has me rethinking my life choices.

company site

No comments:

All logos and trademarks in this site are property of their respective owner. I do not take responsibility for any contents linked or referred to on my guest book/weblog. Photos are either mine or owned by their credited sources. All my photos are free to use without permission. If you see a picture that is yours and do not want it here, just email me and it will be removed.