Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Silly Rabbit, Sport Energy Tropical Is for Kids!

After a trip to the Dollar Tree, I just made my purchase when I saw a selection of energy drinks in the front of the store that I didn't see before. It was mostly 24oz. ...lost, but then I saw a box of a drink that I've never heard of before, Sport Energy. It is a energy drink for sport people. I was excited to but this because I couldn't find a review of it. This flavor is "tropical", and I've never had a drink labeled "tropical" so, this should be interesting...

FIRST IMPRESSION: I'm just gonna come out and say it, the can sucks. Its pink on black with scribbles in grey. It just doesn't work well together. And the name leaves something to be desired. "Sport Energy" isn't the best name. But, unlike me, they figured out how to draw lightning pretty well...1.8/5

TASTE: Upon opening the can, your hit with a Trix Yogurt smell. But once you pour it out, you see its cola color. Now hears my question, why brown? Why not pink, or even red? I don't know... But, like the scent suggest, it tastes like a liqua-fied version of Trix Yogurt. A taste that almost taste identical to Mountain Dew Super Nova(I know that my review didn't mention this flavor... I'll get around to rereviewing them some day...) and I was never a fan of this flavor. Its a light strawberry melon flavor... which I guess strawberry's and melons are tropical... I wouldn't know. It blends those flavors seamlessly. I would say if your a fan of Trix Yogurt, you would enjoy this...2.5/5

KICK: Now this is were this drink gets good, in the kick department. Each can contains: Water, Sucrose, Dextrose, Citric Acid, Taurine, Sodium Citrate, Natural and Artificial flavors, Caffeine, Caramel Color, Potassium Sorbate, Sodium Benzoate, Glucoronolactone, Niacin, Vitamin B5, Vitamin B6, Guarana, Ginseng, Red 40, Vitamin B2, and Vitamin B12. It contains more vitamans than most energy drinks now a days(like AMP, check it out... it also lacks in taurine). The buzz I got from Sport Energy was a healthy, almost Vitamin Water good. But you felt much more awake then just drinking a Vitamin Water. Though I was really looking forward to a super-natural like kick, I still enjoyed the kick Sport Energy gave me...4/5

FINALL WORDE: Though this is NOT the best energy drink in the world, in any department, its still an interesting drink with a lot of potential for the company(Sport Energy Inc. creative isn't it). If they play there cards right, they could put Power Aid and Gator Aid out of business. Though I couldn't say I'd recommend it to anyone not looking for a caffeine filled sports drinks, its still worthy drink that's worth a 3/5 for me...

official site

No comments:

All logos and trademarks in this site are property of their respective owner. I do not take responsibility for any contents linked or referred to on my guest book/weblog. Photos are either mine or owned by their credited sources. All my photos are free to use without permission. If you see a picture that is yours and do not want it here, just email me and it will be removed.