Thursday, October 23, 2008

Full Throttle Energy Drink

Now, have you ever been off your caffeine, and when something that you could usually stand just makes you want to go ape-shit crazy? Well, I was feeling just like that today. So I decided to walk to the local Cumberland's Farms for some energy drinks. So after walking to Cumby's, I picked up two Amps, one Overdrive and one Elevate(for friends), and was deciding between Full Throttle and Jolt Cola. They were both the same price, but I decided to buy a Full Throttle, providing I haven't had it in a while. So, I grabbed the can, got a NRG Kick(just so I could find the energy to walk back) and left. I got back to my friends house, gave my friend their drink and went in to my friends bed room and started playing Donkey Kong Country 3. Mid way through I felt like I needed some energy so I grabbed the can, opened it and took a swig, but did I strike gold or did I find another major disappointment...

FIRST IMPRESSION: Well, let me start out by saying the can is pretty under impressive. Its just a black back round, "Full Throttle" with flames under it(as if you didn't know this by looking at the can). And the name, Full Throttle, isn't the best. Despite the name working well with the energy theme, its just not the best. I don't understand why they don't just stick with Burn Energy Drink, like they do in other countries... 2.4/5

TASTE: Well, the can says its "citrus flavor"so, I'm guessing its a berr-citrus flavor. I took a sip, and guess what, I found a lite lemon flavor, similar to Sobe Adrenaline Rush. Since its a pretty lite flavor, it goes down very quickly and its a pretty enjoyable taste, so I really wish it didn't go down so quickly. The taste doesn't really have any sourness, bitterness, or gumminess. Its got a mild tart. Overall, a pretty refreshing drink, and plus you get this weird after taste, its pretty hard to describe, but, I like it...3.9/5

KICK:QUICK, you only have ten seconds to guess whether Full Throttle provided a decent buzz for me, and the ingredients are the following: Carbonated water, high fructose corn syrup and/or sucrose, citric acid, taurine, natural and artificial flavors, sodium citrate, sodium benzoate (to protect taste), ginseng extract, caffeine, carnitine fumarate, maltodextrin, niacinamide (vitamin B3), yellow 5, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), guarana extract, cyanocobalamin (vitamin B12). If you guessed yes, it DID provide me with a decent buzz, you are correct. And if you guessed no, it didn't provide me a decent buzz, you obviously touch yourself at night. The ingredients surprisingly worked well together. Though it doesn't go over kill on your ass, its better than most energy drinks on the market...3/5


FINAL WERD: Overall, this was a pretty decently average drink. The taste was a little over par, the can and kick just scream generic. I can't say I'd drink it every day, but It was pretty okay and the only reason I'd consider drinking it again would be for the taste. While not something to grab for some quick energy, its still something to drink if there out of Sobe Adrenaline Rush is out, or Full Throttle is on sale...3.3/5

Official Site

No comments:

All logos and trademarks in this site are property of their respective owner. I do not take responsibility for any contents linked or referred to on my guest book/weblog. Photos are either mine or owned by their credited sources. All my photos are free to use without permission. If you see a picture that is yours and do not want it here, just email me and it will be removed.