Sunday, October 5, 2008

Lucozade

Now this is a very special day, while shopping through my local Shaw's, I spotted this big man in the continental isle. Lucozade, as most foreign energy gurus know of, is a glucose energy drink. It is also the second drink to be considered an energy drink, after Irn Brew(by the info I could find). And the sheer size, just wow! This is gonna be one hell of a experience!

FIRST IMPRESSION: Well, the name Lucozade, the sheer size and the warning label saying not recommended for kids under the age of 2, I'd say Lucozade really impresses and puzzles by standers. I swear, while I was walking through school with this impressive puzzler, I got lots of strange faces and looks(not like I'm not used to them). And I'm sure, if you were looking through the energy drink isle, this would get your attention...4.5/5

TASTE: Not knowing what to expect, I popped off the reclosable cap and took a swig. I was surprised to find a strong seltzer taste. It kinda tasted like if you took flat Red Bull concentrate and seltzered it. There's a slight ginger ale hint there. If anyone has ever had Mezzo Mix, just take the flavor and put it in seltzer. And for all the people clueless about what Mezzo Mix is, its a cola mixed with orange. A pretty disgusting drink, but after a while, it gets better and better...3/5

KICK: Though the lack of taurine really got me down, the amount of caffeine really perked me up. The ingredients are: Carbonated Water, Glucose Syrup, Flavourings (including Caffeine), Colour. Yes, you read that right, caffeine is one of the flavors of Lucozade. Interesting indeed. I don't know if its the glucose mix or the caffeine that made me feel pretty perked up. The size of the drink also helped sooth my caffeine craving...3.9/5


FINALL WORDE: I was rather shocked several times with Lucozade. The fact that I found it, the size, the taste, and the caffeine being a flavor of Lucozade. Overall, I think that Lucozade was a little above standard with taste, and kick. Though I can't see myself drinking Lucozade every day, I did enjoy drinking Lucozade... Lucozade. What, Lucozade is fun to say. Yes. Lucozade...3.8/5

official site

No comments:

All logos and trademarks in this site are property of their respective owner. I do not take responsibility for any contents linked or referred to on my guest book/weblog. Photos are either mine or owned by their credited sources. All my photos are free to use without permission. If you see a picture that is yours and do not want it here, just email me and it will be removed.