Sunday, December 21, 2008

Who's Your Daddy Green Tea Citrus


A trip to Big Lots has giving many different energy drinks to try that are either discontinued, rare, unpopular, or over stock of many different energy drinks. Brands range from well known names, such as RockStar, or Jolt, to unknown brands like HyDrive, or Stacker 2. So today's trip gave me the chance to try Who's Your Daddy Green Tea Citrus. I can' say I'm excited, mainly because I'm not a fan of green tea, but a acquaintance assured me it was less of a tea, and more of a Mountain Dew. I enjoyed the original Who's Your Daddy, so I'm curious how their only other variant(other than S/f) will turn out...

FIRST IMPRESSION: The can is a slight improvement over the original, but its still not that great. I like the weird chess horse piece at the bottom, it's not all too common on energy drinks. Or anything(other than chess) for that matter. Upon further inspection, I realize that there's a star between the "O" and the "S". The star somehow matches the can, but also clashes the can at the same time. Bizzare...3.1/5

TASTE: I'm not a fan of green tea, so when I opened it up, I expected nothing but the worst. But, instead of a green tea flavour, your hit with a lemon/lime taste, similar to Vault or Mountain Dew. The lemon is much more noticeable than the lime, but lime is there, somewhere. The more you drink it, the more the green tea flavour is noticeable, but it is never overbearing. I'm rather pleased with the flavour of Who's Your Daddy Green Tea Citrus. Though they probably would do better if they market it as citrus, not a "green tea citrus"...3.9/5

KICK: Well, in true Who's Your Daddy fashion, I was rocked, and rocked hard after drinking this. Each can has: Water, high fructose corn syrup, citric acid, natural flavor, sodium hexametaphosphate, green tea powder, sodium citrate, taurine, caffeine, potassium benzoate, ascorbic acid, inositol, pantothenic acid, niacinamide, zinc sulfate, caramel color, vitamin B6, and vitamin B12. I was blown away after drinking this, I even had to pick my wig off the floor...4/5

FINAL WORD: I'm impressed with Who's Your Daddy Green Tea Citrus, though I feel that labeling it as a green tea energy drink, and it being more of a Mountain Dew, is just silly. Something like "Citrus Sting" or something sounds more appealing than "Green Tea". But then again, that's just me...3.9/5

official site

No comments:

All logos and trademarks in this site are property of their respective owner. I do not take responsibility for any contents linked or referred to on my guest book/weblog. Photos are either mine or owned by their credited sources. All my photos are free to use without permission. If you see a picture that is yours and do not want it here, just email me and it will be removed.